How much Off MSRP???

Raggtoppz

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I think I will be pulling the trigger on a BN 2021 Rubicon tomorrow. Been shopping around, about 6 dealerships within a 45 mile radius of me and dealers online. I have NO trade. Most dealers dont sell under sticker, found a hand full that are going 1500 or 2000 off. I luckily found a couple days ago the exact one i would build, locally. AND i beat them up over and over and got 3450 off MSRP. Just wondering some of the deals you all got out there on new JLs. Thanks. Merry Xmas​
Sponsored

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Most people compare to invoice price. That being said, you did the legwork and have a good deal for your area. Don’t listen to the people suggesting you did it wrong because you didn’t get X% off of invoice price.

I got mine “used” with under 75 miles on it, but there will still be those insisting I overpaid and could have gotten a better deal if I called one of the few dealers that sell as low as they claim. The travel to a distant dealer would probably have eaten up any better deal.
Enjoy the new JL!

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
I think I will be pulling the trigger on a BN 2021 Rubicon tomorrow. Been shopping around, about 6 dealerships within a 45 mile radius of me and dealers online. I have NO trade. Most dealers dont sell under sticker, found a hand full that are going 1500 or 2000 off. I luckily found a couple days ago the exact one i would build, locally. AND i beat them up over and over and got 3450 off MSRP. Just wondering some of the deals you all got out there on new JLs. Thanks. Merry Xmas​
Hey, Tommy, you're in my old neck of the woods (my mom moved out of 12065 in May) and you got what seems like a decent deal. BUT...$3450 under msrp is great on a $30k build, not so great on a loaded Rubi. If you're happy with what you're paying and you can rest easy after it's done (which you will because it'll be in your driveway at the end of the day), then that's what matters.
Let me sum up what you'll hear on the matter:
1-You could factory order from a low price dealer from the forum, save some money (my custom build was nearly $8,000 below msrp) and get exactly what you want, BUT, you'll have to start that whole process with a dealer down in Goshen (a few hours south) or in CT (where I went) and then wait 4-6 weeks for your Jeep to arrive, missing it for most of the winter.
2-You close the deal with your local guy, feel good about 7-8% below msrp and have the Jeep this week (which has significant value), and never look back.
I had time and wanted to save, so I ordered and traveled. If I was in the market TODAY, and someone local had my exact build but at half the savings, I would definitely take a long look at that deal, and if I were in upstate NY with the worst of winter still to come, your deal would be hard to walk away from.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
I didn’t check your ZIP code. I just moved from there a few months ago. I was on the Halfmoon side of the highway. I never got to enjoy the area, do it for me!

Dan M.

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 sport (2 door)
I live in the Albany NY area and purchased my new JL in September. SImilar experience to you, for some reason the inventory of new Wranglers up here is not great and they are flying off the lot. I think the deal you got is about as good as it will get unless you travel. If the Jeep you found is the one you want, I would go for it.

Sponsored

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR

jjmarkus

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR to replace 2018 JLUR, 2020 GMC Sierra, 2019 Subaru Crosstrek, 2007 Shelby GT500
Call me a Doubting Thomas but I bet that you can't actually buy one at the advertised price.

Later,
Johnny
Call me a Doubting Thomas but I bet that you can't actually buy one at the advertised price.

Later,
Johnny
Just providing a web site for folks to check. Since I'm purchasing an ordered 21 JLUR at an unadvertised 12.4% below MSRP in the Houston area, +TTL & $150 doc fee I guess I can believe the advertised pricing at that dealer. I've had previous experience with the dealer I've again ordered and got a great deal with, so if Mac Haik, which is a huge organization across multiple franchises false advertises, folks can go to Demontond Dodge Chrysler Jeep in Conroe TX and be sure to talk with Neil Carpenter and negotiate for an unadvertised price below MSRP, or place an order at 6% below invoice. https://www.demontronddcj.com/new-i...rch=&model=Wrangler&gvBodyStyle=SUV&year=2021

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
be patient and flexible where you can. you should never pay over invoice.

if you can, wait until later in the model year. Between thanksgiving and christmas. Negotiate hard for something on the lot. Last 3 cars i bought i got below invoice and even got some marketing dollars rolled in on top of it. your target deal price should be what you find a two-year used car price at carmax listed for.

if you insist on ordering the fresh new ticked out exactly the way you want with no deviation, that makes negotiating much harder.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
be patient and flexible where you can. you should never pay over invoice.

if you can, wait until later in the model year. Between thanksgiving and christmas. Negotiate hard for something on the lot. Last 3 cars i bought i got below invoice and even got some marketing dollars rolled in on top of it. your target deal price should be what you find a two-year used car price at carmax listed for.

if you insist on ordering the fresh new ticked out exactly the way you want with no deviation, that makes negotiating much harder.
there seems to be a couple of dealers on the east coast that offer 8% below invoice no questions asked - Criswell and Koons (That’s below invoice, not MSRP that was being discussed above). If you can wait a month, that sounds like a great way to go to get exactly what you want if you order.

Sponsored

milesjj_20

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Does anyone here know of any dealers in SoCal area that are willing to give such large discounts? I called Perry CDJR in National City and the sales rep said we are not touching the purchase price. I was hoping to get it at the invoice price, at least, but I didn't care to haggle once he said we are not touching the price.

TheRaven

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 80th
Occupation
Electrical, Mechanical, and Aerospace Engineering.
Right now, 8-11% of MSRP is fantastic. If you find a dealer that gives you an ACTUAL quote (not just what's posted on their website, those prices are worthless) above 10%, you should buy. It's not impossible to do better, but it's ALMOST impossible.

Keep in mind though that when you look at what people say they have paid, here on the forum, you must note the date of the post. The pricing situation changes by the month. So what's a great deal now may be impossible next month, and what some guy paid last January means absolutely nothing today.

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Does anyone here know of any dealers in SoCal area that are willing to give such large discounts? I called Perry CDJR in National City and the sales rep said we are not touching the purchase price. I was hoping to get it at the invoice price, at least, but I didn't care to haggle once he said we are not touching the price.
Check out Robert Trachtman at TuttleClick in OC near you. He will do 4% off Invoice no questions asked, and you get to order exactly what you want: [email protected] 954-864-5162

No affiliation, I bought from him a year ago and was very happy with the experience.

Jeeperific

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Unlimited 70th
December 23 in New England bought 2021 JL 4 door SAHARA with MSRP of 48,780.
Break Down as follows:
$48,780 MSRP
-4634 (dealer discount)
______
$44,534
-1500 (Jeep.com coupon)
_____
$43,034 Total pre tax

Think total was almost 12% off MSRP due to discount of $6,134.

Question does anyone know what the Chrysler Jeep employee Pricing and Affiliate Pricing is for 2021 JL?

HarleyMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2013 Ford Raptor
Occupation
Retired US Navy
Jeep Dealers in San Diego won't budge at all......I went up to Temecula and had better luck.
Sponsored