Sponsored

How many use a screen protector on the display screen?

How many use a screen protector?

• Total voters

SlowPoke21

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
This thread made me order the glass one on Amazon. Since I failed miserably installing the Mopar ones, might as well give the glass a shot. $9.99
Sponsored

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
I put on a screen protector immediately. Not because of fingerprints, or disinfectants or what not. I'm in the Utah desert which can get dusty AF. Touching the screen with desert dust will act as sandpaper over time and leave a mark. That and as cheap "shit happens" insurance. I'd recommend a solid screen protector that will take the brunt of an impact and shatter, making it more likely that you will only break your screen protector.

There really is little to no reason not to put one on. When applying it, follow the instructions to the letter. Be overly diligent about wiping and dust removal. Paranoid even. Leave as little chance for dust to sneak in there as possible. It will pay off in the end. You'd have to look carefully to even tell there's a screen protector there.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
This thread made me order the glass one on Amazon. Since I failed miserably installing the Mopar ones, might as well give the glass a shot. $9.99
I ordered one of the Glass ones from Amazon and only later realized I failed to take into account the glare with the top down. Have since ordered a Mopar one to replace it.
Gregj

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
It's not like a cell phone that goes in and out of your pocket, gets dropped occasionally, people put things on it etc... I've never use a screen protector for any my cars.
I put one on after my first trail ride. Everything inside got dusty and my concern was touching the dusty screen and grinding the dust into the screen and scratching it. It may never scratch, but the protector was cheap and its a sacrificial piece that's easy to remove and replace if I need to.

Sponsored

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Yep! Was my very first “mod”! I had seen a decent amount of reports from people that were getting imprints on their screen after repetition use even with cleaning, etc. not literally in the screen just what looked like smudges and all that wouldn’t wipe off over the areas commonly used. So put one on first thing. Got mine off Amazon! Had it on a year now and still works great! No bubbles or anything. Super easy to put on!
This is what I got!
CDEFG for 2018 2019 2020 2021 Wrangler JL/ 2020 Gladiator JT Center Control Touchscreen Navigation Touch Screen Protector, HD Clear Tempered Glass 9H Scratch Resistance (8.4IN) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SC8VWN...abc_N6EGNK179QECV9D3GDNC?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I added the Mopar one to protect against scratches and fingerprints. There were 2 in the pack, but I managed to install it on the first try.
Same here. It went on with no bubbles and was on until very recently, when I discovered my screen delaminating. So I took it off while waiting for Jeep to decide if they'll cover it under warranty or not, since I discovered it at 38k miles. I just want them to say yes or no and get on with swapping it out.

But I digress....the protector worked just fine. Its a big screen, so the chances of something hitting, bumping, or scratching it are pretty good, in my mind.

Once I get the replacement, I'll put the 2nd one on that came in the package.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
never bothered with it. it doesnt improve the jeep function.

kgibbs29

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Genesis G80 Sport
Maybe a silly question, but I as do not yet own a Jeep, they do not come with a screen protector from the factory? Any vehicle I have driven with a nice HD navigation screen has come with one already in place. My thinking is a 8.4 Nav Screen should already come with one installed.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Maybe a silly question, but I as do not yet own a Jeep, they do not come with a screen protector from the factory? Any vehicle I have driven with a nice HD navigation screen has come with one already in place. My thinking is a 8.4 Nav Screen should already come with one installed.
No, the 8.4 or other JL/JT radios, do not come with a screen protector...

Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
Very hardness, much sexual!

Er... I mean, Yes, I did install a tempered glass screen protector on my Uconnect. Cheap insurance.

mjaga

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Sting Grey
Mopar. Two in a pack.. first one went on with 2 bubbles but I’d rather that than getting permanent micro scratches that have appeared in other cars with similar touch screens I’ve seen. Don’t even notice the bubbles.

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
Depending on your dealership’s vehicle prep procedure, they may or may not leave the factory disposable screen protector on. They ship with a plastic film on them just like any other electronic device with a screen, but it is ugly and not intended for long term use. Dealer left mine on and I ran it until my Mopar ones arrived. Mostly for muddy/dirty hands touching the screen while wheeling.

TBULL52

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
The mopar screen protector was one of the first things I added to my Jeep 3 yrs ago when I bought it. Took all of 3 minutes to put on and I have no issues with bubbles or peeling. In my opinion it doesn't make sense not to.
Sponsored