How Long Does Dealer Pricing Last?

Original J Dub

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former YJ and JK...Current CJ and JL
When emailing dealers to get pricing on ordering a JL, how long does the offer usually last? Can I request pricing now and then wait a couple of weeks to order or do I only have a couple of days?
Sponsored

Sidspider

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7, 2021 JLU Willys
If the dealer is offering a discount off MSRP or invoice, only they can tell you how long they’d be willing to honor that discount, but I can’t imagine many dealers refusing to honor the discount a couple of weeks later.
The MSRP or invoice price will be based on the price that is in effect when the vehicle is delivered, not when it is ordered. So, if you order in April and the Jeep is delivered in May, you will pay the May price. The dealer probably won’t know about any price changes until they happen, so all you can do is hope for the best. If FCA decides to raise the price $500, you’ll have to pay the $500. If they offer a $1000 incentive, you’ll get that $1000 off the price the dealer originally quoted.

OP
OP
Original J Dub

Original J Dub

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former YJ and JK...Current CJ and JL
If the dealer is offering a discount off MSRP or invoice, only they can tell you how long they’d be willing to honor that discount, but I can’t imagine many dealers refusing to honor the discount a couple of weeks later.
The MSRP or invoice price will be based on the price that is in effect when the vehicle is delivered, not when it is ordered. So, if you order in April and the Jeep is delivered in May, you will pay the May price. The dealer probably won’t know about any price changes until they happen, so all you can do is hope for the best. If FCA decides to raise the price $500, you’ll have to pay the $500. If they offer a $1000 incentive, you’ll get that $1000 off the price the dealer originally quoted.
Great Information. Thank you.

JeepFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport 2-door
When emailing dealers to get pricing on ordering a JL, how long does the offer usually last? Can I request pricing now and then wait a couple of weeks to order or do I only have a couple of days?
Everything is negotiable. Tell them what you want in your request for bid, and have all promises put in writing.
Sponsored