How does your keep idle?

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I rented a 2 door 2019 with the 3.6 in Denver two months ago for work. It idled so rough the antenna was starting to twerk because the vibration frequency was just right. I really wish I had taken a video of it. My 2019 4 door with the 3.6 is pretty smooth. I can feel it, but nothing like the 2 door I rented.
Sponsored

Snayte

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara Hella Yella, 2017 Ram 1500 Longhorn
Mine is definitely not as smooth as my JL was; get a good massage until the ESS kicks in.

offset_98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara, 1993 Nissan 300ZX, 2015 Subaru Outback, 2011 Toyota Sienna
Mine is rough most of the time too; 3.6 manual - but I don't sit and idle much so I ignore it. It's not stalling or flaring so I'm good.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
Mine idles SMOOTH

Sponsored

Jrwfarm

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU 75th
My 19 built in March also idles a little rough sometimes. I wondered if it was common. I haven’t been too concerned but found it odd.

MLBRINES

First Name
Mo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1969 Chevy C10 1/2 ton pickup short bed. 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired IBM
Took delivery of my 2019 JLU 11/30/19. Only 2600 miles so far. Idle is around 750-800 RPM warm. Idle is very smooth always. Installed a Magnaflow dual tip exhaust yesterday and NOW I can actually hear the exhaust. That also helps with shifting the manual transmission (audible help). :)

See Through

First Name
Clover
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maintenance Manager
My input might be moot because I'm modified, but I've got an aFe Magnum Flow filter and aFe Mach Force XP exhaust and it idles so smoothly there's almost no difference between it and ESS engaging.

KingCon

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon jl
After sitting in my Jeep for a bit I noticed I can feel it idle. Nothing rough, but definitely noticable. I have a 2 door with the V6

Do you usually feel the idle of your Jeep?
Of course, that's not a serious question is it?

The engine is running, of course you can feel a slight idle wtf?

KingCon

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon jl
My 19 built in March also idles a little rough sometimes. I wondered if it was common. I haven’t been too concerned but found it odd.
Stop putting cheap gas in it

Sponsored

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
I found this thread because my JLR (2019, MT) has a surprisingly rough idle. RPMs don’t dance but I’m surprised that I can hear and feel it idling as much as I can. My YJ with the 4.0 idled much smoother (when it was running).

I’m not too concerned; I’ll give it another thousand miles or so and get that factory oil out of there and see if it improves. If it’s just a normal characteristic of the engine I’m fine with that, I just wasn’t expecting it.
yes, I think first of all the idling is too high and if I do not put it in the gear then it idles for more than half a minute in this high tempo and then I can feel certain vibration in the steering wheel too , very mild and gentle vibration but it is there , I would never think a new engine V6 would do that , I 've been driving for many years and drove many different vehicles and it seems to me this pentastar is not as smooth as I would like it to be

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stop putting cheap gas in it
I am filing up with the gas that specified by the manufacturer and that is regular 87 octane gas . I purposely didn't buy BMW to waste money on expensive gas.

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
I am filing up with the gas that specified by the manufacturer and that is regular 87 octane gas . I purposely didn't buy BMW to waste money on expensive gas.
That may be but 93 octane definitely helped with my rough-ish idle.

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That may be but 93 octane definitely helped with my rough-ish idle.
tha's fine ,I am a regular gas consumer , that's all I can afford , thanks for the suggestion though
Sponsored