Sponsored

How does your keep idle?

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
V6 early 2018, could very easily leave it on by mistake and shut the garage door! Maybe if it were an bit noisier I wouldn't hate push button start! lol

Go Jeep!!!
Same here. I often forget to put it back in gear. Mines super smooth.
Sponsored

Prestige Billet

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I thought it was my imagination... my build date is 3/19.. it is not terribly rough but it is worse than my JK with the 3.6 and all my previous TJ's and LJ's with the 4.0. I also have a 2107 Grand Cherokee with the 3.6 and it idles great.

wolfdog

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Yamaha FJR1300, 2021 JTO, 2018 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maritime Artisan, Mayflower II
I have an early JLU and it idles fine, I use 87 octane and if you have to use 90+ octane in your jeep there is something not right! I have had another Pentastar engine in my 2012 JKU and it ran an idled fine! Take it back if you really think it's a rough bad idle 87 octane is what the factory calls for using a higher octane supports the oil companies, like they need support!

Even my Hemi GC's called for 87 octane "unless you plan hard acceleration" according to the owner's manual. They ran fine on 87 even under some heavy towing.

Go Jeep!!!

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Mine is rough most of the time too; 3.6 manual - but I don't sit and idle much so I ignore it. It's not stalling or flaring so I'm good.
I have kind of the same experience with my 3.6 manual, , at times it almost feels like it's running at the threshold bottom rpm of cutting off but so far it never died yet , It's like some Harleys that sound like they will quit in the next second but that's just the way they idle.

KnG818

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon
After sitting in my Jeep for a bit I noticed I can feel it idle. Nothing rough, but definitely noticable. I have a 2 door with the V6

Do you usually feel the idle of your Jeep?
Only when its running

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
Does anyone else's Jeep surge when you move the steering wheel while at idle? (3.6 with auto) If my Jeep us idling, either cold or warmed up, and I move the steering wheel the rpms will jump maybe 200 or 300 rpm. It's not a huge deal but if I'm sitting at a red light and do this, with my foot lightly on the brake, the Jeep will actually lerch forward too. I wasn't to concerned about it until I noticed my Baja Designs Squadron Sports fog replacement light actually flicker at the same time as the idle jumps.
Sponsored