millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
are these same or better quality than the Mopar?

Is it worth it to get the side panels?

Looking to Kate the purchase while they still have the sale going. My wife’s 2 door have the Mopar ones and they are really nice and cheaper then the hotheads.
Sponsored

84jeepjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JLUR 392, 84 CJ7, 2005 Z71 Burb
I don't have them but will be ordering my son some for his JLU. That being said, from what I've seen they are a superior product to the MOPAR ones. Also they cost close to the same.

OP
OP
millerjl

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
The biggest price jump is the side panels. I am really wondering if they are worth it or not. I am definitely getting the sound asassin strips.

Any other opinions?

Krondor

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL - Punk'n Edition
Build Thread
Link
I love mine. Might have been a bit much, but the quality is there.

As for the sides, I would say that you "could" skip them but it does add a lot aesthetically in my humble opinion.

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
When I ordered my JLU, I was going to get the Mopar headliner as I did notice it made a difference. After doing some research prior to ordering, the consensus was that the HotHeads liner was superior. My plan is to get the side panels as well since the Mopar headliner came with them as well. With the current discount, these are cheaper than the factory headliner.

Sponsored

chacomaya

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2013 VW Golf R, 2016 KTM 1290 Super Duke GT, 2015 KTM 500EXC
Vehicle Showcase
are these same or better quality than the Mopar?

Is it worth it to get the side panels?

Looking to Kate the purchase while they still have the sale going. My wife’s 2 door have the Mopar ones and they are really nice and cheaper then the hotheads.
I have the Hothead panels (including the side panels), as well as the Sound Assassin strips. I've posted in other threads about this, but I'll summarize here. The difference in road noise is impressive. That said, the Wrangler is still basically a quasi-convertible, so it's never going to be Mercedes quiet. The biggest thing I noticed was the improvement to the sound quality of the stereo. Before I installed these thing the sound was a bit harsh and the base was very boomy. Afterward - very nice. I cannot comment on the insulation improvement these provide, if any, since it has been neither hot nor very cold here since I installed the panels. Hope this helps.

OP
OP
millerjl

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Hothead panels (including the side panels), as well as the Sound Assassin strips. I've posted in other threads about this, but I'll summarize here. The difference in road noise is impressive. That said, the Wrangler is still basically a quasi-convertible, so it's never going to be Mercedes quiet. The biggest thing I noticed was the improvement to the sound quality of the stereo. Before I installed these thing the sound was a bit harsh and the base was very boomy. Afterward - very nice. I cannot comment on the insulation improvement these provide, if any, since it has been neither hot nor very cold here since I installed the panels. Hope this helps.
My delima is that I can get the Mopar ones part# 82215133AD for $431 on allmopartparts. They include side panels but not the 3 little pieces above the speaker bar. The hotheads is on sale for $494 to get that plus the 3 pieces and the sound assasin strips or get the hotheads without the side panels but with the strips for $384. Decisions, decisions...

am1978

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara Bright White, 2018 JLU Sahara HellaYella
Occupation
‘Merica
When I ordered my JLU, I was going to get the Mopar headliner as I did notice it made a difference. After doing some research prior to ordering, the consensus was that the HotHeads liner was superior. My plan is to get the side panels as well since the Mopar headliner came with them as well. With the current discount, these are cheaper than the factory headliner.
My wife’s JL was ordered with the Mopar headliners—no Hotheads on the market yet. It does make a difference in road noise and the stereo acoustics. When I ordered my JL, I looked at the price of the Mopar liners and opted to skip that on the order and got the Hotheads prior to JL delivery. I did go with sound assassins and the side window liners. Honestly, I can’t tell the difference between the two products but without either you will have more road noise and maybe more heat in the summer. I think the Hotheads look nicer in the way they are cut.

OP
OP
millerjl

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I just watched the hotheads videos comparing the boom mats, Mopar and hothead liners. Definitely going hothead now. Only decision left is rear side panels or not. I do like the look but need to decide if that look is worth $100.

JeepSmash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
I just watched the hotheads videos comparing the boom mats, Mopar and hothead liners. Definitely going hothead now. Only decision left is rear side panels or not. I do like the look but need to decide if that look is worth $100.
When I get the money to get the hotheads I’m gonna do the side panels. I think the look is worth $100. I hate the all white unfinished paneling.
Sponsored