Hotheads For Sky One Touch

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
I had the same falling down with the front piece as well this past weekend. I was away from home at the cabin and noticed a loud noise when I closed the sky touch. I have a Spiderweb shade so didn't see anything and the top closed. Next day as I was driving home and I noticed that it was louder than usual, but thought maybe it was just windier out. Turns out today when I went to open it back up I could see the front part had come off and was sliding across my Spiderweb Shade.

I ended up taking the Spiderweb Shade off, and added some better adhesive strip to the front section. All the other pieces were still holding strong. Will see what that does over the next few days.

There is no rubbing what so ever with the Spiderweb Shade and the new Hotheads Headliner. Overall still over this addition.

Ken~
Did this fix work for you?
Sponsored

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
I had the same falling down with the front piece as well this past weekend. I was away from home at the cabin and noticed a loud noise when I closed the sky touch. I have a Spiderweb shade so didn't see anything and the top closed. Next day as I was driving home and I noticed that it was louder than usual, but thought maybe it was just windier out. Turns out today when I went to open it back up I could see the front part had come off and was sliding across my Spiderweb Shade.

I ended up taking the Spiderweb Shade off, and added some better adhesive strip to the front section. All the other pieces were still holding strong. Will see what that does over the next few days.

There is no rubbing what so ever with the Spiderweb Shade and the new Hotheads Headliner. Overall still over this addition.

Ken~
Hi,
I'm sorry that the front piece came loose. I'm curious what tape you replaced it with. If there was/is anything that will work better we will definitely use it. We are not using the adhesive Velcro there because it doesn't stick well to that plastic. Also, is it hot were you are because most tapes will not hold in high heat and that area is going to get very hot in the summer.
thanks for your help.
Mark 714-872-2071
Hothead Headliners

kmusk01

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon
So far it has been holding strong after adding more tape. The front piece was still tacky, but just would not hold when closed. So I added some Scotch tape I had laying around. I did not take off the original tape, I just added this double sided Scotch tape to it. Its been great and holding up perfectly.

As for heat we shall see as we have not hit summer heat yet. However I have left it out in the sun on a 85ish degree day and no issues.

Ken~
Jeep Wrangler JL Hotheads For Sky One Touch headliner-tape.PNG

Hothead Headliners

Summit Sponsor (Level 3)
First Name
Mark Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Website
hotheadheadliners.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 1989 YJ
So far it has been holding strong after adding more tape. The front piece was still tacky, but just would not hold when closed. So I added some Scotch tape I had laying around. I did not take off the original tape, I just added this double sided Scotch tape to it. Its been great and holding up perfectly.

As for heat we shall see as we have not hit summer heat yet. However I have left it out in the sun on a 85ish degree day and no issues.

Ken~
Hi,
I can't find the temp rating on that tape (I looked on 3Ms website). There are some extremely sticky/strong tapes but almost all of the retail ones are rubber based and will fail at high temps, 140+. We have a long history with the 3M VHB Acrylic tape we use. You could use an adhesion promoter in the front section like we have you use on the rear section but it pulled the paint off in the front doing that so we didn't think we needed to use it there.
If you have any further issues with the front holding let us know and we can send new tape and more adhesion promoter.

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL

Ken~
Thanks. I just ordered some of this off Amazon just for some reassurance.

Sponsored

Kfoo

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
Hi everyone,

Just looking for an update here. How is the headliner holding up in the heat? There's been a few hot days recently in the states, so I'm hoping that things are looking good here to place an order!

bilottag

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 Wrangler High Altitude
Wifey-pooh and I installed the liner earlier today. After watching the video, was roughly a 25-30 min install. The JL is her daily driver, and she said it does sound more quieter. But to be honest, we didn't buy the liner for that. It's a Jeep man! We love the sound of the mudder tires.

Rather, we'll see if it helps a little bit with the AZ summer. Granted, with the heat we have here, there ain't much you can do about that. (So we do take that into expectations. All of our vehicles can really "bake" here...)

But in summary, we do love this product, and we can see it does have a sound benefit.

We'll update our post in June... ;)

Here's her daily driver:

More post install pics:

Off topic. Which Front Deflector do you have installed? Looks sharp!

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Have had mine up for almost a month now with no issues. We have been hit with extreme humidity (feels like over 100) for the past couple of days. I have a little sagging of the material, but nothing to render the operation of it sliding back.

UrbanCowboyAZ

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 JLURD, ‘02 TJ
Occupation
Real Estate
I installed mine about a month ago and we’ve had a few 100° days now. No issues at all and noticeable improvements in heat and sound. All good so far!

G35Coupe

First Name
VK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon, 2019 BMW M4 Conv 30 Jahre Ed.
I'm in So. Cal and it didn't hold up to the summer heat here. It is worth mentioning that I use the top very often. The middle velcros started pealing. The front and back are ok.
Hotheads sent the new velcros that I still need to install.

I hope this round it will last longer than 2.5 months. It'll be a pain to do this constantly.

Sponsored

Steve JLUR

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GC Summit
I'm in So. Cal and it didn't hold up to the summer heat here. It is worth mentioning that I use the top very often. The middle velcros started pealing. The front and back are ok.

I hope this round it will last longer than 2.5 months. It'll be a pain to do this constantly.
I am sorry to hear your situation. I too live in SoCal with SOT and Hotheads head liner. No issues in three months and 4,000 mi.

G35Coupe

First Name
VK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon, 2019 BMW M4 Conv 30 Jahre Ed.
I am sorry to hear your situation. I too live in SoCal with SOT and Hotheads head liner. No issues in three months and 4,000 mi.
Good to hear. I will be re-attaching it next weekend. Hope it stays put.
I do use the one-touch almost all the time.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD

I put one in the bosses SOT in the spring here and have not had any issues, there have been many weeks over 100 degrees. I did follow the cleaning process and applied it per the directions.
Gregj

MarkyMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon JLU 2.0t w/ eTorque & Moto Guzzi Griso
I’ve had no issues. Live up in the Bay Area so not too hot there. But, Been out in Death Valley this summer. . No issues everything stayed stuck.

SecretChimp

First Name
Lance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU
I finally installed mine today. Another satisfied customer. I tried to take before & after decibel readings using an app on my phone but it was too inconsistent. It's definitely a little quieter at 60-70 mph which was the main reason for my purchase. Also, the installation video was great. Two thumbs up! 👍👍
Sponsored