Hinge Covers - eBay Deal

SM1

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending...
So I know it's cheap Chinese crap, BUT...

I was looking at what's around on eBay for the JL and I came across this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/263839663900?ul_noapp=true

It's a "13-piece" (I count 17) set of hinge covers (door hinges, hood hinges, tailgate hinges) and door handle covers in ABS plastic for the JL. This set is black, but the same seller has a red set as well. The eBay auction price is almost $130. On a whim, I said to myself that this set isn't worth more than $25, so I put in a best offer at $25. Seller came back at $26.88 (free shipping) so I pulled the trigger. In all honesty I'll probably take one look and sell them or throw them away, but it also seems like it might be a good shot at protecting those door hinges.

Also, ABS paints fairly well, so if you're looking for body color instead of contrast color, these should be paintable with a little surface prep.

Just thought I'd let everyone know in case anyone else is interested...especially at over 70% off. Cheers!

JLHinges.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

SM1

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending...
Do you plan to post photos of the actual product, fitment, and your opinions whenever you get it in?
Sure thing, I can do that. Probably be a while though, China Post takes forever.

Snowshoes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 ZJ 5.2 / 2018 JL 3.6
So I know it's cheap Chinese crap, BUT...

I was looking at what's around on eBay for the JL and I came across this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/263839663900?ul_noapp=true

It's a "13-piece" (I count 17) set of hinge covers (door hinges, hood hinges, tailgate hinges) and door handle covers in ABS plastic for the JL. This set is black, but the same seller has a red set as well. The eBay auction price is almost $130. On a whim, I said to myself that this set isn't worth more than $25, so I put in a best offer at $25. Seller came back at $26.88 (free shipping) so I pulled the trigger. In all honesty I'll probably take one look and sell them or throw them away, but it also seems like it might be a good shot at protecting those door hinges.

Also, ABS paints fairly well, so if you're looking for body color instead of contrast color, these should be paintable with a little surface prep.

Just thought I'd let everyone know in case anyone else is interested...especially at over 70% off. Cheers!
I did the same but the seller counter offered $120.... :devil:

OP
OP

SM1

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pending...
I did the same but the seller counter offered $120.... :devil:
Yeah this turned into a whole fiasco. The seller tried to cancel the sale so I threatened to report him to eBay. Long story short, he agreed to send me the door hinge covers and tailgate cover for the $27 (all I really wanted, the hood cover and door handle pieces look silly to me) if I didn’t report him. Will let you guys know what it looks like when they get here.
Sponsored