eBay Door hinge covers?

Yellowssm

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ray
Joined
Apr 11, 2020
Messages
244
Reaction score
786
Location
Las vegas
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Anyone try these? I know some people say this part gets hit with rocks off roading and get chipped. I ordered them last night to try out but coming from China so it might be a while. If they suck it was only $16 and looks like can be removed easily. I had some heavy duty emblem tape that I was gonna use instead of the stuff that comes on it. What you guys think? Also keep them black or rattle can them white to match my white Jeep?

8A604C64-DCEB-44B5-8570-51BE6830914F.png


C06F1F67-3C86-4278-9131-086CD062D375.png


CB9E0CCD-45ED-477D-B290-FD7F38CAB800.png
Advertisement

 

Arterius2

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jerry
Joined
Dec 29, 2018
Messages
3,485
Reaction score
4,573
Location
Vancouver, BC
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I thought my post pretty much summed up why? Rock chips?
Oh ok my apologies, I missed that. Early morning here.
In that case yea definitely rattle can it white.

Normally, I just get mud flaps.
 
OP
OP

Yellowssm

Well-Known Member
First Name
Ray
Joined
Apr 11, 2020
Messages
244
Reaction score
786
Location
Las vegas
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Oh ok my apologies, I missed that. Early morning here.
In that case yea definitely rattle can it white.

Normally, I just get mud flaps.
it’s all good. I know they’re kind cheesy but better than this

6902CD2E-1F9B-4251-BBBF-1754902A1C70.jpeg


9EE639D6-598E-4469-A003-A98EDB451599.jpeg
 

madscientist

Well-Known Member
Joined
Oct 12, 2019
Messages
339
Reaction score
1,163
Location
middle earth
Vehicle(s)
20 Wrangler 3.6 AT
you might consider that if you paint them white, all the rock chips will look black. they might look a bit shabby over time...
 

Arterius2

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jerry
Joined
Dec 29, 2018
Messages
3,485
Reaction score
4,573
Location
Vancouver, BC
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
it’s all good. I know they’re kind cheesy but better than this

6902CD2E-1F9B-4251-BBBF-1754902A1C70.jpeg


9EE639D6-598E-4469-A003-A98EDB451599.jpeg
The person who did this to their hinges must be:
1) Running tires that stick too far out past the fender flares.
2) No mudflaps
3) No protruding rail/running boards.

I made sure on my Jeep that all 3 issues mentioned above are dealt with, I've ran into some quite pebbly areas and no chips at all on my hinges. 90% of the stray rocks are caught by my mudflaps, and the other 10% are caught by my steps.
 

Zenk

Well-Known Member
First Name
Steve
Joined
Feb 3, 2018
Messages
129
Reaction score
199
Location
Northern Virginia
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
1
The person who did this to their hinges must be:
1) Running tires that stick too far out past the fender flares.
2) No mudflaps
3) No protruding rail/running boards.

I made sure on my Jeep that all 3 issues mentioned above are dealt with, I've ran into some quite pebbly areas no chips at all on my hinges. 90% of the stray rocks are caught by my mudflaps, and the other 10% are caught by my steps.
and
4) No hinge covers.
 

Arterius2

Well-Known Member
First Name
Jerry
Joined
Dec 29, 2018
Messages
3,485
Reaction score
4,573
Location
Vancouver, BC
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
and no hinge covers.
Sure, but we're debating whether or not we need hinge covers. If it did that much damage to the hinges, imagine the damage on other parts of the body. I'm sure there are also cuts and scratch on the door paint, and fenders.
 

Windshieldfarmer

Well-Known Member
First Name
Randy
Joined
Feb 27, 2020
Messages
934
Reaction score
1,365
Location
Wichita, Ks
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
paint protection film worked great for meon my lift JK.... I started cutting pieces for my new JL last night. The piece of ppf cost me $10.
 
Advertisement

Diode Dynamics
 
Advertisement
Top