Sponsored

Hikeit 9 throttle controller setting for daily driver?

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Just to clarify, throttle enhancers do not make your vehicle even a millisecond faster - they just make it more responsive. That said, the seat-of-the-pants feeling is MUCH better (and feels like it has two extra cylinders). That's worth the price of admission.
Sponsored

OP
OP

BigBruse

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep rubicon
@BigBruse

I'll let other's tell you what they run with....

Some hints from me though .......

When you go to do the install.... Turn the JL off, open the driver's door and then take the fob far far away from the JL..... like across the house. 8-) Wait say 10 min. and then proceed with the install.

When you go to disconnect the connector on the JL, so you can do the install, ..... do not tug on the wires at the connector at all... Guys have accidentally pulled wires out of the connector...

Now, enjoy that throttle controller..... BUT, just remember to never do a mode change while actively pushing on / using the gas pedal or you risk (won't always happen) going right into "limp mode" and then you have issues...

The preceding is relative to throttle controllers in general in regard to the JL and JT. Not specific to the HIKEit X9.

Going to install This evening! My jeep has been parked al day without key fob beer it. When I open door to install should I leave door open for 10 min then do the install? Or is it safe to just do the install? Thanks

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Going to install This evening! My jeep has been parked al day without key fob beer it. When I open door to install should I leave door open for 10 min then do the install? Or is it safe to just do the install? Thanks
@BigBruse

Keep the fob far away.... and when you go to do the install this evening, open the door and do not start the install for at least say 10- 15 min...

Now, while doing the install, do not open or close any doors.... do not open the rear tailgate and do not open the engine compartment hood... Do nothing that will wake up the JL. Do not fool with the ignition switch...

When you do the install do not pull on the wire(s) going into the connector you are dealing with... You do not want to chance pulling a friggin wire(s) out of the connector..

After all is plugged in you are good to go... can open doors, etc.... REMEMBER, never change Throttle Controller modes while actively working the / pushing the gas pedal.... doing so may (not always) cause a code to be thrown and the JL going into limp mode...

Have fun.... you are going to really like the throttle controller.

OP
OP

BigBruse

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep rubicon
@BigBruse

Keep the fob far away.... and when you go to do the install this evening, open the door and do not start the install for at least say 10- 15 min...

Now, while doing the install, do not open or close any doors.... do not open the rear tailgate and do not open the engine compartment hood... Do nothing that will wake up the JL. Do not fool with the ignition switch...

When you do the install do not pull on the wire(s) going into the connector you are dealing with... You do not want to chance pulling a friggin wire(s) out of the connector..

After all is plugged in you are good to go... can open doors, etc.... REMEMBER, never change Throttle Controller modes while actively working the / pushing the gas pedal.... doing so may (not always) cause a code to be thrown and the JL going into limp mode...

Awesome thanks I will go home open the door and then go shower and then do the install! Thanks again for your knowledge and wisdom

OP
OP

BigBruse

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep rubicon
@BigBruse

It worked like a charms !!! Thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP

BigBruse

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep rubicon
So...is it as transformative with the 2.0T as it is with the 3.0 diesel?
Yes definitely like it! But have to play around with setting more for one I like for everyday driving
Sponsored