High stock suspension?

zdr

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon V6 6-Speed Manual
Did it have any other pieces of armor (on/under) or a tire carrier on it?
I looked underneath. It appeared to be all stock. I actually test drove it 5 days ago and thought it drove great but didn't think it was much different from mine (height).
Sponsored

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel
I just measured a 21 Rubicon Ecodiesel and compared it to my 21 Rubicon manual V6. Both have the tow package. The diesel has approx. 7,500 miles on it and steel bumpers. Mine has approx. 4,500 miles and the plastic bumpers. The diesel sat approx. 1/2 inch higher at the front fender and approx. 3/4 inch higher at the rear fender when compared to mine (same level ground). I have read that the Ecodiesel Rubicon sits 1.25-1.5 higher than a regular Rubicon. Would the steel bumpers on the diesel cause that much of a difference?
AFAIK the steel bumper option gets you stiffer springs, so that shouldn't be much of a factor. I can tell you, after installing an aftermarket LOD bumper and badland apex 12k winch on my JLURD that had factory plastic bumpers, that my front end definitely came down at least .5-.75".

zdr

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon V6 6-Speed Manual
AFAIK the steel bumper option gets you stiffer springs, so that shouldn't be much of a factor. I can tell you, after installing an aftermarket LOD bumper and badland apex 12k winch on my JLURD that had factory plastic bumpers, that my front end definitely came down at least .5-.75".
I thought there were just one set of springs for the Diesels.

FinnCustomKnives

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon Ecodiesel

4x4 Mule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Firecracker Red JL
Has anyone measured from ground to bottom of the frame rail on a diesel and gasser for height difference? Rubicons have a higher fender flare than other models if that is being used as a reference point.
Sponsored