High-Lift jack size?

alkapin

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLUR, 2014 White GL350
What minimum size jack would I need for a JL on 35" with 4.5" lift? 36", 42" , 48", 60" ?
Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
What minimum size jack would I need for a JL on 35" with 4.5" lift? 36", 42" , 48", 60" ?
I have the 48” and it has plenty of height. I was close to ordering the 60” and am glad I didn’t. I prefer mine in the Jeep. It fits in the cargo area from side to side up against the back seat. I put a blanket and towel over each end to protect the sides of the cargo area. Had I ordered the 60” Id’ve had to (A) lower one back seat, cutting out passenger space. (B) run it across the rear floor (not even sure it’d fit) or (C) run it across the back seat. (Not sure it’d fit and lose the whole back.)
I doubt you’re ever jacking up your Jeep more than 4 feet.

bigfoot21075

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2012 Ford F350

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
48”. A 48 can be mounted behind the roll bar up and out of the way using the Dominion Offroad mount. Uses no cargo space and doesn’t make noise.

MichaelAnthony

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon JLUR, 97 Centurion Dually 7.3, 97 Classy Chassis Dually 7.3, 2016 Ultra Classic CVO
Vehicle Showcase
Depends on if you are wheeling or not and plan to use your jack when you are high centered or pulling? with a 4.5" lift my guess is you have bigger tires? So let's say you are high centered and want to lift your Jeep so you can place rocks under the wheels to get moving and traction. You would need to jack your Jeep up higher than your flex on your lift to get lets say the rear wheels off the ground. That my friend is a lot of lift then to reach the point where you are off high center. Also if you have larger wheels and need to change them out on the trail for your spare again you would need to lift your Jeep up past the flex point. That is what you would need to consider before getting a jack. I only have 37" tires and 2" lift was high centered up in the Black Hills in SD, 48" jack didn't work, ended up dragging the frame rails over the rock until I got wheels on the ground again.

omnitonic

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys in Sarge Green
Occupation
truck driver
I doubt you’re ever jacking up your Jeep more than 4 feet.
That's what she said.

Reminds me of the time I needed a part off the bottom of a car at the u-pull junk yard as a kid, and I snagged bumper jacks out of a bunch of cars, jacked that thing up by the rocker panel, and eventually managed to flip it over the bank backwards, leaving easy access to the underside.

The funny thing is I'm almost 50, and nobody working at that junk yard remembers me, but I still make other people go in there to harvest parts for me. I got banished for life. :CWL: :CWL: :CWL:

Also, you settled my debate about what size jack to get, so I thank you for that! 😁
Sponsored