High lift jack mount for rear door on stock JLUR 19

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, 2-Door, Manual
Hi-Lift just released the Trail Trac, it allows you to mount the Hi-Lift on the sport bar, snide the Jeep. I’m waiting to see the mount for the Powertank before I order.

I’m in Jimbo’s camp, don’t leave it out in the elements.
This option, like most others, is only available for the 4-door JL. The JLs cannot be considered "new" anymore so I don't know if 2-door owners will ever start seeing the products we need.

I don't care about whether the mount is inside or out. I will only mount the jack when I am wheeling so it's not like the thing will be outside the Jeep and exposed all year around. But right now the jack is just sitting and useless to me. Hopefully someone comes out with a proper mount before next summer.
Sponsored

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I have it on the back bumper. Had to cut it a bit to fit with the HD tailgate reinforcement. You do have to repaint it from time to time but putting a clay packed jack back inside the vehicle? No thanks.

mrhumble1

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon, 2-Door, Manual
I have it on the back bumper. Had to cut it a bit to fit with the HD tailgate reinforcement. You do have to repaint it from time to time but putting a clay packed jack back inside the vehicle? No thanks.
I would love to mount it to my back bumper, but I have a 35" spare and I don't think the mounts that are available will fit next to the tire.

If any of you are running a bigger spare and have the mount on the tail gate please let me know how that all fits.

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I would love to mount it to my back bumper, but I have a 35" spare and I don't think the mounts that are available will fit next to the tire.

If any of you are running a bigger spare and have the mount on the tail gate please let me know how that all fits.
I'm running 37s but kept my 33" spare. However there is plenty of room for a 37" spare to hang off the back.

Mount came off Ebay. Not terrible construction but I had to notch it to clear the tailgate reinforcement and had to buy longer $10 metric bolts to mount it.

2019-09-24 06.13.22.jpg
2019-09-24 06.17.08.jpg

Sponsored

Off-Road Toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2dr ; 2019 Winnebago Navion
This option, like most others, is only available for the 4-door JL. The JLs cannot be considered "new" anymore so I don't know if 2-door owners will ever start seeing the products we need.

I don't care about whether the mount is inside or out. I will only mount the jack when I am wheeling so it's not like the thing will be outside the Jeep and exposed all year around. But right now the jack is just sitting and useless to me. Hopefully someone comes out with a proper mount before next summer.
Sharing your frustration in looking for an interior Jack mount system for my 2020 Rubicon 2 door. I like the idea of mounting it behind the rear roll bar.
Dominion says a mount for 2-door is “coming soon” ...??...
And high lift says theirs only works with four doors...
Anybody know of other options for 2dr ??

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I'll let you know as soon as I get mine.

James_a

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Rubicon, 2018 JLU Rubicon
I'm also vote for the Dominion Off Road Hi-lift jack mount. It's sturdy, I believe safe, and with the added attachment I have an out of the way place to mount my axe and shovel.

I did shorten my jack by a bit but that was because I added the maximus-3/Rhino roof rack. I connected both mounts together and now its even more sturdy. Not a single rattle or squeak.

And they now have it for both the JL and JLU.

http://www.dominionoffroad.com/best_jeep_jl_hi-lift_mount/

49531638008_34345213a1_h.jpg

Sponsored

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Should be able to install mine tomorrow, so hopefully have pics then.

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Well, bad news. The teraflex one for the jl does not fit with the mopar tire carrier. So that's a bummer.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Well, bad news. The teraflex one for the jl does not fit with the mopar tire carrier. So that's a bummer.
Weak on Teraflex

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Super bummed. I called before I bought it and confirmed it worked. Apparently they are making their own tire carrier it goes with soon. They think they thought I meant the alpha tire carrier or something. I think if the bolts were longer and the spacer enough to clear the mopars CB holder it would work easily.

Hayseed_JLUR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2015 JKU
Anyone know if the Dominion (or any other) will work with soft top and its bracket?

ETA: They confirmed that it works with the soft top but the jack must be removed to put the top down. No drilling to install.
Sponsored

Last edited: