Sponsored

High Lift Jack Points On JLUR with OEM Steel Bumpers?

Seanst34

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3018 Jeep JLUR 2.0 L 4 Cylinder Turbo on 37s with 2” Mopar Lift, Inginity QX60, and BMW R Nine T Scrambler
Vehicle Showcase
So I have a hi lift jack that I used for my JKUR that I’ve of courses moved over to the JLUR. I have a 3” lift and 35” tires so in my opinion having a high lift jack is non-negotiable especially on the trail. However my JK had aftermarket steel bumpers that I could use as lifting points without issue. Now I have the OEM steel bumpers which definitely aren’t sturdy enough to use as lifting points. I’m also a little suspect about using the stock rock rails. Anyone know of the best way to lift a JLUR that sports OEM rails and bumpers with a Hi-Lift Jack (and not damage something).
Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
If you already have the lift, then The HiLift PROBABLY WON'T work on the front bumper, but

I use my trailer hitch (rear) if I have to use the HiLift for anything other than tire work--

For any tire work I use ELECTRIC JACKS for all four corners-

If I have to use the HiLift on the back for (hi ctr--snow--slider on rocks), it's TRAILER HITCH, if front I use The HiLift WHEEL LIFT ATTACHMENT--

After a lift, use of the HiLift Jack becomes more challenging-

Good luck

JIMBO

OP
OP
Seanst34

Seanst34

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3018 Jeep JLUR 2.0 L 4 Cylinder Turbo on 37s with 2” Mopar Lift, Inginity QX60, and BMW R Nine T Scrambler
Vehicle Showcase
If you already have the lift, then The HiLift PROBABLY WON'T work on the front bumper, but

I use my trailer hitch (rear) if I have to use the HiLift for anything other than tire work--

For any tire work I use ELECTRIC JACKS for all four corners-

If I have to use the HiLift on the back for (hi ctr--snow--slider on rocks), it's TRAILER HITCH, if front I use The HiLift WHEEL LIFT ATTACHMENT--

After a lift, use of the HiLift Jack becomes more challenging-

Good luck

JIMBO
I’ve seen the wheel lift attachments but if your lifting to Change a tire then attaching to the wheel seems counter productive or are you lifting the opposite wheel?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I’ve seen the wheel lift attachments but if your lifting to Change a tire then attaching to the wheel seems counter productive or are you lifting the opposite wheel?
Might want to read the post again.
Sponsored