Dawn Patrol

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I wave to every Jeep I see and if I miss someone who waves first I feel bad. I agree with a few people above-when the wave isn't returned it is often a female driver (and usually a JK). It's pretty cool when female jeepers wave! I love being a part of this family so I am going to keep waving.
Now there is one guy that I see every single day who has distinctive stickers on his windshield who never returns the wave so I have given up on him and won't wave at him anymore. He is shunned.
64374180.jpg
Sponsored

Finally a Wrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Grand Cherokee, 2018 JLU
My girlfriend waves when she drives my Wrangler. She was super stoked about 3 weeks ago when she got a wave in her Grand Cherokee and got to wave back.

Vstarjewel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 Door Sport Wrangler
Uhg, I should have goodled first. I see this is more than just a thing and now I feel ignorant lol.

Mods, you can delete this thread.
Driving around reno/tahoe I noticed many lifted 4x high fiving me. I made a observation that lifted or mod jeeps especially so. I also noticed that most stock 4x/jeeps do not exhibit this behavior.

Did I just join a cult?
I've been a biker for 20 plus years, and we have a sort of wave as well. Now it doesn't matter what I drive I'm waving at someone. It is however a little embarrassing when my hand shoots up to wave at a Wrangler or bike when I'm riding shotgun in hubby's truck :blush:

Quasimodo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara, 2016 Jeep Cherokee
I've noticed that Cherokee/Grand Cherokee owners don't really wave. It's unfortunate, because my wife and I would always try when driving her Cherokee. Now that we have the Wrangler, I don't even try to wave to them anymore. It's only Wranglers and the random modded XJ here and there.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
I live in a college town so i avoid waving at young girls in Jeeps. It seems creepy. But if they wave i wave back.

But they don’t.

Sponsored

Hgrace

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JUL Sport S, Fleetwood 33 Terra SE. Lincoln MKC
The Wave is a custom derived from the Corvette owners over the past 60 years

TrailTorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Vehicle Showcase
In short, yes you did join a cult. Be sure to wave at fellow cultists. Priority is any Jeep older than yours, specifically CJs, YJs, TJs and even JKs. Other than those models you only need to wave back at lifted 4x4s or anyone else who waves first.
I’m not lifted and if you don’t wave back at me I’ll break your fckin fingers. Lolol

Vstarjewel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2 Door Sport Wrangler
I live in a college town so i avoid waving at young girls in Jeeps. It seems creepy. But if they wave i wave back.

But they don’t.
Au contraire! I always wave back! I always pass a little old lady in a gray jeep when driving to work in the morning . . . her hand always shoots up in a wave. Young ones have no idea how to enjoy life :LOL:

Hagie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Sting Grey, 2006 Scion xB RS4.0, 2013 Scion xB RS9.0
My wife made a snarky comment on Facebook the other day after a post she made about having Jeep hair. A friend of hers who's husband has a JK tossed up a comment on how she liked driving it.

My wife said "I wouldn't know I haven't had a chance to yet"

I chimed in saying "You disrespected the wave. If you are not willing to wave, you are not willing to drive."

Topic has only come up lately if I make a groan when I wave and some one doesn't. If she is riding she will say "he gave you a late one" or "she was clueless, so I think she is starting to come around, but she has to accept...uhhh...the lifestyle*.

*yes that is a Letterkenny reference for those that know what that is.

Al13

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Too many Jeeps where I live, you have to wave very 3 minutes. Very few wave back, not like on my Harley where all bikers do 5he low hand wave.

brazos

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Giant singlespeed mountain bike, Hobie Revolution kayak
Occupation
Dog Feeder
I got butthurt at first when few waved back. So I stopped waving first.
But I feel REALLY bad when I catch a wave at the last second, and don’t have time to respond.
Now I’m just casually waving at every Jeep, but without any emotional investment, or stare.
Got a side-eye peeled though.
Still get jazzed when someone waves back.
I’m easily enthused.
Sponsored