First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
I was going to suggest not using the Hi-Lift, maybe something like a "base" and the stock jack. I've used the Hi-Lift many times and am not a fan.

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

I was going to suggest not using the Hi-Lift, maybe something like a "base" and the stock jack. I've used the Hi-Lift many times and am not a fan.
Having that beast inside the cabin, suspended just behind your head, freaks me tf out. Not even addressing the filthy mud covered thing in your interior after using it either
Prob just get the lil jack base yeah

JL MADDOG

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL 2.0L Turbo
Occupation
Jeepin'
I just bungeed the lifting shoe at the base of the jack down to one of the Drings in the floor and that took care of it.

I like the idea of the wood and eraser shims!

Poordad

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Acura TSX, 2015 Chrysler 300s, 2023 JLUR
Mine was mounted on the tire carrier outside the Jeep, along with my shovel and axe. Never heard it. Also never had to worry about it messing up my interior after use, or getting to it.
Jeep Wrangler JL Hi-Lift Jack Rattles back of jee

bjm00se

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6sp ordered 11/3/21, picked up 8/30/22
Old thread, but I thought I'd add my contribution, for when other folks find it while searching.

I've been using the Dominion high lift jack mount for a while. There's a bit of rattle to it, that's gotten worse recently after I used the high lift some and presumably loosened the mechanism up some.

I'd been intending to get the Step 22 grip mount to quiet it down, but it's persistently out of stock.
(https://step22gear.com/products/silent-jack-for-hi-lift-jacks)

But in thinking about how the Step 22 system works - basically it's keeping the jack head under tension, so it doesn't rattle around.

Today, I used some parachute cord to get the same effect:

1691027857486.png

I started using parachute cord a while back because over time, the jack head shifts up the jack while the jeep is in motion. But the cord by itself never quieted the rattle down.

What I did differently this time was remove the jack, tie the lifting shelf to the base with a couple wraps, and then use the handle to lift the jack one or two clicks to put the cord under tension.

Once there's some tension on the jack head and the base, they can't rattle around over bumps.

Also - just as a reminder: If you're carrying a Hi Lift, you should also be carrying a can of some type of lube. The jack should be lubed before each use. The worst failure mode in the world is when you use the jack to raise a heavy load, then try to reverse it to let it down, and it sticks because of friction. Spray a shot of lube on the mechanism before using it to make sure this doesn't happen.
Sponsored