Help with Tire Selection

StinGray Rubi

First Name
Coy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
After searching and searching the forums, I found a lot of information but could not find the info I was looking for. I am looking for tires for my JLUR that meet this criteria
- 35 or 315
- A/T or M/T
- can be mounted on stock Rubicon wheels
- will not stick out past the fender flares

If anyone has this set-up, pics would be appreciated!
Sponsored

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Look at the Nitto 35x11.50 tires.

1. 315x70r17 and 35x12.50r17 are all going to be 12-13.5 inches wide (depending on the brand) mounted.

2. The stock wheel is out of spec (too narrow) for those sizes. Some shops will still mount them but chain stores won't.

Last edited:

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
After searching and searching the forums, I found a lot of information but could not find the info I was looking for. I am looking for tires for my JLUR that meet this criteria
- 35 or 315
- A/T or M/T
- can be mounted on stock Rubicon wheels
- will not stick out past the fender flares

If anyone has this set-up, pics would be appreciated!
The only two tires that fit the stock wheel are made by these two companies

Interco who is most true off road and specializes in odd sizes, this is actually a 10.5 so true pizza cutter, but been around for ever but not something I would buy

Nitto very main stream well regarded product, the trail grappler my 35x11.5x17 .. this comes in a c ply which is kid wise the proper ply for a Jeep.. and I have serious thought to this before I gave in and decided to buy wheels.. there is a thread about them with lots of pics

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/more-narrow-35in-tires.5431/page-2

315/70/17 will all per spec require an 8” wheel but many run them with out much issue.. inprefer to stay in spec so I can try to get customer accommodation if I have a problem with the tires

OP
OP
StinGray Rubi

StinGray Rubi

First Name
Coy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Much appreciated. Thanks for the link!
The only two tires that fit the stock wheel are made by these two companies

Interco who is most true off road and specializes in odd sizes, this is actually a 10.5 so true pizza cutter, but been around for ever but not something I would buy

Nitto very main stream well regarded product, the trail grappler my 35x11.5x17 .. this comes in a c ply which is kid wise the proper ply for a Jeep.. and I have serious thought to this before I gave in and decided to buy wheels.. there is a thread about them with lots of pics

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/more-narrow-35in-tires.5431/page-2

315/70/17 will all per spec require an 8” wheel but many run them with out much issue.. inprefer to stay in spec so I can try to get customer accommodation if I have a problem with the tires
Sponsored