Sponsored

Need help ASAP on tire and wheel selection!

BigTalker

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Sahara
Hi everyone,
My JL Sahara has been confirmed as being on the truck and on its way to the dealership for delivery this week. I would like to have the dealership install the Mopar lift kit and new tires/wheels before I pick up so I'm under the gun. The last Wrangler I owned was 20 years ago (I have been waiting for this moment since then!) so I'm not up to date on what is required when making these modifications. Any help or input is greatly appreciated!
With all that said, here we go:

1. These are the wheels I am planning on purchasing (17") - will they work on the JL? http://bit.ly/2EewO5m (I've checked into the center cap to make sure they will work with the back up camera and I'm good there)

2. These are the tires I was interested in: BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 35" Radial Tire (I have no idea what size I am supposed to order - any idea? I have attached a chart of their sizes but can't decipher it)
2018-02-11_153009.jpg

3. I am planning on buying a set of 5 wheels/tires. Would the JL need any modifications to hang this wheel/tire combo as the spare? If so, is the Mopar reinforced hinge what I should go with?

4. Are the gears on the JL Sahara sufficient for these tires and the lift or do you anticipate needing to change them as well?
Sponsored

S207307

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler (JL) Unlimited Sport S
Hi everyone,
My JL Sahara has been confirmed as being on the truck and on its way to the dealership for delivery this week. I would like to have the dealership install the Mopar lift kit and new tires/wheels before I pick up so I'm under the gun. The last Wrangler I owned was 20 years ago (I have been waiting for this moment since then!) so I'm not up to date on what is required when making these modifications. Any help or input is greatly appreciated!
With all that said, here we go:

1. These are the wheels I am planning on purchasing (17") - will they work on the JL? http://bit.ly/2EewO5m (I've checked into the center cap to make sure they will work with the back up camera and I'm good there)

2. These are the tires I was interested in: BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 35" Radial Tire (I have no idea what size I am supposed to order - any idea? I have attached a chart of their sizes but can't decipher it)
2018-02-11_153009.jpg

3. I am planning on buying a set of 5 wheels/tires. Would the JL need any modifications to hang this wheel/tire combo as the spare? If so, is the Mopar reinforced hinge what I should go with?

4. Are the gears on the JL Sahara sufficient for these tires and the lift or do you anticipate needing to change them as well?
I bought the same exact wheels and went with 35 KO2s as well.
(Apparently AEV thinks these fake Hutchinson's are a terrible look, but I also like the solid black face and the hmmv look).
I went from a Sport S and not a Sahara, but other than going from 18s, instead of 17s, everything else is the same for us it appears.
https://www.rimsntires.com/specspro.jsp?item=Wheel-Tire size comparer&sw1=245&ar1=75&bd1=18&rw1=7.5&et1=45&sw2=315&ar2=70&bd2=17&rw2=9.5&et2=-18

I should add that you will probably either need to put on the 2 inch lift or modify to the Rubicon fender flares. I plan on going with the Ace Engineering spare tire bracket mod (100$), but reinforcing the tailgate is probably a good idea since those 315 KO2s weigh 65 lbs each and the rims make the weight about 100 lbs total.
Someone else put on the black rhino armory 20s and 35s on a sport S without any modding...said it was fine, but if you roll over anything of substance it looks like you will need the mods.
Also you will need to drill the holes out of the center cap (or not place it) for the rear spare camera.

JLUColorado

First Name
Ambez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU , 2017 GC Limited
Those wheels are incredible - in terms of load bearing on tailgate, what product is the solution? Thanks
Sponsored