Banned
Banned
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon Unlimited
Really like my rockhard4x4 bumper. I don't tow so I didn't add the plug but really liked the place for license plate.

PXL_20201126_185046638.MP~2.jpg
Sponsored

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
@Whaler27 i was looking at that warn rear bumper. how was the install. is it just a straight forward bolt on. did the bumper come with the tail gate mount. did you get the warn elite front bumper. if so do you have pics of that.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
Really like my rockhard4x4 bumper. I don't tow so I didn't add the plug but really liked the place for license plate.

Jeep Wrangler JL Help with rear bumper choice? PXL_20201126_185046638.MP~2
i'm liking it to. the only thing i wish they did was to wrap the bumper around the rear quarter panel and line up to the fender flare. aslo mount the hitch towards the bottom of the bumper.

Fouts

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon Unlimited
i'm liking it to. the only thing i wish they did was to wrap the bumper around the rear quarter panel and line up to the fender flare. aslo mount the hitch towards the bottom of the bumper.
Not sure if this is what you meant. It does wrap around some and my spare tire carrier does raise some to expose receiver more. Was also nice that it excepted back up sensors.

PXL_20201126_220508730.jpg

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
@Fouts ahhh. this one does wrap around to the fender flare. i've looked at too many bumpers and mixing which is what. wish it "fit" a little better to the flares and covers up the pinch weld that runs along the back. to me it looks like the bumper doesnt fit right. too small in away. thanks for clearing that up.

Sponsored

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
LOD or Rock Hard are on my short list for when I pull the trigger with LOD in the lead. The fitment looks better from the pictures I've seen.

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
@Whaler27 i was looking at that warn rear bumper. how was the install. is it just a straight forward bolt on. did the bumper come with the tail gate mount. did you get the warn elite front bumper. if so do you have pics of that.
Yes. It just bolts up. The most challenging part is getting all the bolts lined up properly so the bumper can slide on. The bolts go through slots in the bumper which allow for minor adjustment to accommodate any variance in manufacturing. They are held in position by tension clips which are a pain in the ass, but once you’re all lined up it’s just a matter of sliding it on and securing the nuts. It is WAY more stout and secure than the factory bumper.

it’s not too heavy, but you definitely want a second person when you go to slide it on. The first couple times I went to do it I was by myself, and I wasn’t perfectly square up, so it didn’t want to go. Once my brother in law showed up it went on pretty easily.

The tire carrier is an optional part, and an expensive one, but it’s very well designed and made.

I didn’t get the matching Warn front bumper, because I liked the factory steel bumper. (I tow by wrangler behind my RV, and the factory bumper with Maximus-3 winch mount and tow rings was a very simple, clean solution.)

Last edited:

PJJPtx

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 392, '21 JLUR, '18 Sahara, Viper TT, Gallardo
I went with the Fab Fours. Finishing the install tonight. But no lights...

RPS1030

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buggy
I ordered this one at the beginning of September, and I have been going through a bunch of issues!
Expedition One is just right up the road from me, so I figured I would be able to pick it up directly from them. I spent a couple of days trying to contact them before I placed an order. Nobody picked up the phone there, so I sent a message over Facebook. It took a month for them to reply, by the time they had, I had already ordered it through a third party.
So when I ordered, the vendor originally told me they were 5-10 days, with free shipping. A week after placing the order, they contacted me asking for $200 to ship via freight, direct from the manufacturer. As I said, I live 20 miles down the road from Expedition One. Okay, I decided to pay for shipping, since that is what is shows on Expedition One's website. I also double checked their lead time, and they once again tell me 5-10 days. Several weeks go by, and I still hadn't heard anything, so I contacted the vendor. They tell me it's scheduled to ship 18 November. Okay, I'm a little frustrated, but I can deal with it. Today I contacted the vendor and they tell me that the ship date has now been pushed to 14 December. WTF?! How does 5-10 days turn into three months!?

Long Story Short. If you order this bumper, be ready to wait. Like I said, my ship date keeps getting pushed back. I am seriously considering cancelling my order and going with the Warn.
Legitimately feels like I’ve read this story line before. There was a Ram guy that went back and forth with them for months with painful responses and delays and issues with no bumper or refund.

Deleted member 43521

I bought a TYGER from Amazon. I know it’s not preferred method, but I bought from them for my TJ’s. The packaging alone is top notch and there bumpers IMHO are top notch.

Sponsored

Deleted member 43521

Forgot the link and photo of bumper. Very good quality bumper!

1DF4DFB0-1A20-4C3D-BB4A-2A66EFC78B20.png

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!