Sponsored

Help with OEM LED Fogs

pitsqrd

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited, 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland, 1997 Porsche 993, 1978 911 SC 3.6 Restomod, 2017 F150, XLT
Occupation
Biz Dev
Vehicle Showcase
I bought some OEM LED fog lights last summer, a few weeks after I bought my 2020 Sahara in anticipation of an aftermarket bumper. I finally bought and received my bumper (RR HD full width) in early Jan and installed the LED fogs and the bumper on the Jeep.

I was driving home this evening and noticed the reflection of my passenger side fog light looked was dimmer than the drivers side. When I arrived home, I looked at the fog lights and noticed the passenger side fog had what looked to be smears on the inside of the lens.

Not sure what the return or exchange policy is on OEM Mopar parts. It's been around 7 months since I bought these, only a couple weeks since I've installed, but in case Mopar, dealer crap out on an exchange, does anyone know if these fog lights can be disassembled to clean the lens?

Thanks in advance

20210216_173223[1].jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

pitsqrd

First Name
G
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited, 2014 Grand Cherokee Overland, 1997 Porsche 993, 1978 911 SC 3.6 Restomod, 2017 F150, XLT
Occupation
Biz Dev
Vehicle Showcase
Update: The dealer who I bought the Jeep and parts dept I bought the fog light from are demanding I come up with the invoice/receipt before they process an exchange. I explained that the lights have a 2 year warranty against defect and they should have my name, phone number and a bunch of other info from my car purchase to look up my invoice for the fog light purchase, but they want me to provide the receipt.

No doubt this is a mfg defect from the time they were made in the factory. The parts dept agree the residue/smear was from the factory, but they need the receipt to prove they are not more than 2 yrs old, even though they have records of my Jeep and Fog light purchase in June/July 2020. I'm not sure this is just down to lack of intelligence/logic of the person I was speaking with or the entire dealership's very poor after sales customer service, but it's infuriating.

I have a message out to Jeep Cares (Darlene) to see what they can do, but it's shameful how some of these dealership treat customers after they take their money from a car sale.

I guess no replies to my previous message means I can't take the light apart.