Sponsored

Help: A hard trunk cover that doesn't enclose more?

john adams

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD, Bolt
Hey, my Wrangler JLURD will arrive this spring.

I've been searching and there seems to be something either missing or I am not entering the right search terms.

For trunk security, there are at least the Tuffy and the Diabolical devices. These wrap the cargo area and create a secure space.

I'm not looking for that as I want something that does not rattle and move, and also don't want to (or need to) have the entire space wrapped in metal.

I'd like to just have a trunk cover that was solid (metal, or some heavy duty plastic). Something I could rest things on but also would "keep honest people honest" when I had some things in the trunk. I understand that a theif could easily drop down the seat and grab things but if I had my laptop in there, I'd lock that down and nothing else is as valuable in my trunk.

I see soft tonneau covers but those are easy to just peel back and you can't strap thinks on top of them.

This item is in the ballpark but as you can see, it's got a lift to it so anyone can see and reach in. https://www.extremeterrain.com/fishbone-offroad-jeep-wrangler-interior-storage-rack-fb25116.html

Anyone have suggestions for a hard trunk cover that works with the MOPAR soft top?
Sponsored

tonyg30

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara

n8billings

First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR Earl 6speed
Occupation
Director of Coaching
Hey, my Wrangler JLURD will arrive this spring.

I've been searching and there seems to be something either missing or I am not entering the right search terms.

For trunk security, there are at least the Tuffy and the Diabolical devices. These wrap the cargo area and create a secure space.

I'm not looking for that as I want something that does not rattle and move, and also don't want to (or need to) have the entire space wrapped in metal.

I'd like to just have a trunk cover that was solid (metal, or some heavy duty plastic). Something I could rest things on but also would "keep honest people honest" when I had some things in the trunk. I understand that a theif could easily drop down the seat and grab things but if I had my laptop in there, I'd lock that down and nothing else is as valuable in my trunk.

I see soft tonneau covers but those are easy to just peel back and you can't strap thinks on top of them.

This item is in the ballpark but as you can see, it's got a lift to it so anyone can see and reach in. https://www.extremeterrain.com/fishbone-offroad-jeep-wrangler-interior-storage-rack-fb25116.html

Anyone have suggestions for a hard trunk cover that works with the MOPAR soft top?
I have the same question. What is everyone else doing? Not interested in a Tuffy really (though this might be the eventual solution).

Punkn89

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
I use the locking Deezee box. It comes in narrow or large. I’m running the narrow. Bolts into factory locations, still room for items with the narrow and doesn’t make a sound.

805BE1C6-A126-4CCA-8B49-DD6C0CD793F3.jpeg

Sponsored

Jtclayton612

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I used the EZtrunk for a whole, although I’ve stopped using it as I’m going a different direction for interior storage altogether.

It does have moving parts and all that but does fold out of the way easily.

Zombienation

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Sahara stingray
I have looked into this a bit, just something for out of sight out of mind.

These are soft covers but may be of interest:

Found this on Amazon but no reviews
D-Lumina Cargo Cover Compatible with Jeep Wrangler JL JLU 4Door 2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 2023 - Retractable Rear Luggage Trunk Tonneau Security Covers Protector Anti Theft Shield Shade, Black https://a.co/d/12DJ8Ut

And this
https://www.extremeterrain.com/gpca-jeep-wrangler-cargo-cover-pro-for-hard-tops-4ccjl-pro-ht.html

Basically just a cargo cover like most SUV’s come with. I haven’t purchased yet so I can’t offer a review.
Sponsored

Last edited: