Trunk Space Privacy Cover

Der

First Name
JH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Sport S
If you have driven other cars or suvs, then you must be very familiar with the retractable privacy curtain inside the trunk space. Those things are really nice to get since they keeps people from peeping into your trunk, while still give you choice to retract them when more trunk space is needed.

Unfortunately, for jeep there was no such option so that I installed an metal trunk basket to achieve similar effect. However, the recent road trip plan forced me to remove it since there is no way to fit in some of the equipment we have with the basket on. Last month, I found this on amazon, and couldn't wait to place my order.

Overall I think it is not too bad, given this is the only product satisfied my need right now. However, some small issue bothers me a little.

First, the right plastic clip near the trunk door area DOESN'T FIT. Left one fits perfectly but right one is way off mark. You can still stick it on but since it have to fight with constant force that the curtain put on it, the tape falls off frequently due to the less contact area caused by the poor fit. In the end I actually had to use hair dryer to bend the plastic a little and now it fits perfectly too. If you want to buy this, get yourself some good VBH tapes and a heat gun, it will help a lot.

Second, this thing doesn't work with the seat recliner. The retract bar is very close to the back of your rear seats, so that any seat recliners will make the installation impossible.

I know that for those who would prefer their truck run without top/door, this seems absolutely useless. However, I hope someone who lives in the area with tons of car break-in reports like me could find this product helpful. : )

https://www.amazon.com/D-Lumina-Car...-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1
Jeep Wrangler JL Trunk Space Privacy Cover 1668647769903
Sponsored