Heater issues

Ameza

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Had a JK with with heater issues and had to replace the heater core due to clogging restricting the waterflow. To prevent the issue I know the fix was to flush the radiator at least yearly. It was a common problem with JK's. My question is does the JL also have that issue. Trying to stay ahead of a potential problem.
Sponsored

Jolly’s Jp

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR on 37s
Had a JK with with heater issues and had to replace the heater core due to clogging restricting the waterflow. To prevent the issue I know the fix was to flush the radiator at least yearly. It was a common problem with JK's. My question is does the JL also have that issue. Trying to stay ahead of a potential problem.
Like you, I had a JK that required the heater core changed at 5k miles. When I went in the dash to do some stereo upgrades, found a lot of stuff broken…never again 😂

Watching the JL boards, I haven’t seen anyone complain about it. I have had 2 JLs and a JT…all three have been good.

HungryHound

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 CJ-5, 1983 CJ-5, 1998 TJ, 2021 JLURe
I stopped flushing the engine coolant system. I simply drain and refill the radiator every year. I think flushing water thru does more damage than simply replacing 80% of the coolant without introducing tap water into the system. No science, just theory with good results in my older Jeeps.

OP
OP

Ameza

First Name
Arnold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS
Like you, I had a JK that required the heater core changed at 5k miles. When I went in the dash to do some stereo upgrades, found a lot of stuff broken…never again 😂

Watching the JL boards, I haven’t seen anyone complain about it. I have had 2 JLs and a JT…all three have been good.
Thanks for the info.
Sponsored