Heater Core Bad

zzman930

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Confirming my 2018 Rubi suffered from a bad heater core. With less than 300 miles and 12 days at the dealership I finally got it back. Like others have said, it was obvious by the strong smell of coolant in the cab. It sucks to have the whole dash removed on a new vehicle. My concern now is things rattling loose or hearing noises that may be due to the repair.
Are you hearing a metal rattle around 1200-1500 rpm when you let off the gas completely?
Sponsored

Sector281411

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Gladiator Willy's Edition
This is my first post and unfortunately it is in this thread. I purchased Last Wednesday, July 24th, a brand new 2018 JLU S with the 2.0L Engine. I truly love it but on Thursday with only 82 miles on the Jeep I had to take it to the shop because I could spell antifreeze when the AC was running. The dealership jumped all over it and confirmed very quickly that the heater core needed to be replaced. I should be getting it back tomorrow. It is agonizing having a new Jeep and not being able to drive it, or customize it......

Sector281411

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JT Gladiator Willy's Edition
Just a follow up the service department knocked the repair and even took care of a recall for the steering dampener at the same time. The smell is gone and no rattles or scratches on the dash.
Sponsored