Has Jeep Production Completely Stopped?

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
I am an EE. I would guess that Apple and Jeep share none of the major semiconductor components between their products.
Sponsored

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
I am an EE. I would guess that Apple and Jeep share none of the major semiconductor components between their products.
The issues seem to be in many legacy parts such as display drivers, some simple communication chips (especially auto-grade Wi-Fi) and ”some analog” ones (my engineer used this term). We sell board communication components to customers from all walks of life and all of them seem to be missing some chips/board components that are delaying their production. This ranges from companies building oil drilling equipment to MRI machines to home power generators.

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
Someone in another thread said they have confirmation of the wrangler plant being shutdown yet again.... Due to microchips shortage.

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
I was also informed of my order placed on 7/15 that it won't be delivered until January 2022! I was quoted to receive new jeep by September from the dealer.....who the he'll knows what's happening.... Different answers from everybody

OP
OP

Themallcrawler

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-Door JL
Anyone else just get an email from Jeep?​
Estimated delivery for an order placed June 15 has been changed from July 15 to October 15th. 4 months.​
Freaking miserable right now.​

Sponsored

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
In case any of you guys are concerned about a lease expiring before your new one arrives, Chrysler Capital will extend your lease if you have one on order. I know MBFS will do a one month extension without a new Benz on order as well.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Apple and Jeep may not share actual chips but some IC or chip components might use the same materials in production? All you need is one missing component to make the chips themselves and the line stops. My buddy's friend said nylon, resins and some other components are holding up production in many cases.

I honestly have no idea, just pure speculation.

I am seeing more and more members post about being told to expect delays for their Wranglers though.

Last edited:

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
i received this as part of an update on my 392 today ….

The Jeep is in the production stage with all parts gathered and it's waiting to move into the build process. At this time we do not have an estimate for when the build will begin. The Wrangler plant is currently closed and should be reopening after August 9th

Sponsored