Sponsored

2022 jeep wrangler production and delivery time

4x4 Mule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Firecracker Red JL
I ordered a Willys Sport with the diesel on 12/17. How long does it usually take to get a vin issued and where can I find a link to Jeep Chat?
Sponsored

ras815

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4xe
I ordered a Willys Sport with the diesel on 12/17. How long does it usually take to get a vin issued and where can I find a link to Jeep Chat?
To set proper expectations: Jeep Chat is basically useless when it comes to order updates. Your dealer will be the only one with reliable info.

Sponsored

Brannon

First Name
Brannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara
Hi everyone, I've placed an order for a basic 2 door sport wrangler with the dealer on Nov 4, 2021 and was given time frame of 2-3 months to be delivered. It's been almost two months and no updates yet. As far as I can tell 4 door models have a faster delivery time but has anyone ordered a 2 door within the last 3 months and what was the delivery time?
I ordered mine at almost the same time. Itā€˜still in D status. I was also told it would be 8 to 12 weeks. I had no idea waiting for a new car order would be so difficult. Even the dealer updates donā€™t tell you much. I do have the vin now and can check on chat.

Industrialwrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 SRT Challenger. 18 4Runner off-road premium.
I ordered 10/8. 2 door rubicon manual with tons of options. No ETA yet but the dealer says it should ship at the end of January.

2022 Rubicon Hybrid

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Hybrid Rubicon Unlimited
Hey Everyone. I ordered a 2022 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4xe on October 5th. I believe I was one of the first orders placed because as we built the car the system made us switch from a 2021 to a 2022. I was told it would be delivered in 8-12 weeks at the time.

I was told yesterday that my VIN has been assigned and it should be in transit status within a week or two. They had another 2022 Rubicon coming this week so I know they're already out there. The one they told me about wasn't a 4xe so I didn't consider it but for those waiting it's promising news.

Brannon

First Name
Brannon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Sahara
I got that from my dealer. You need the last 8 digits of the VIn and you also need the VON.

brianjoereid

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2202 XR Jeep Wrangler (on order), 2011 Wrangler
You'll be very lucky to see it in 2-3 months from order time. Not even sure they've actually started 2022 production yet
I think they started production around December 16th or so. I am still waiting for my 392 XR and I ordered it November 16th, 2021 and it is still in the D stage. Very frustrating. >:)

Sponsored

MJWhiteRubi

First Name
MJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 White Rubicon 4xe (ordered 4/25/22)
Checked with Jeep Chat today on my 10/13 order. I've been stuck in Inspections for 23 days.

Bugbird12

First Name
Robin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler sport unlimited
My Rubi has been waiting to ship via rail for 3 weeks via rail to So Cal. Order date was Oct 19. I have lost all enthusiasm for this purchase. Dealer is no help ā€œwe donā€™t know whatā€™s goingā€. Donā€™t know how Jeep stays in business

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sport
p
I ordered mine at almost the same time. Itā€˜still in D status. I was also told it would be 8 to 12 weeks. I had no idea waiting for a new car order would be so difficult. Even the dealer updates donā€™t tell you much. I do have the vin now and can check on chat.
same thing!! order Dec 2021 and as of March 2, 2022 nothing and the jeep people are not communicating

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
sport
I think they started production around December 16th or so. I am still waiting for my 392 XR and I ordered it November 16th, 2021 and it is still in the D stage. Very frustrating. >:)
I will NEVER do this again! I was told 6-8 weeks and sold my truck and used a rental at $1,300 a month that was Dec 22, 2021. Itā€™s now March 2 and still in D status! with no hope. 71 days in D status. Dealer sold me a cheaper version ā€œsportā€ while waiting and told me he would buy the jeep back for the same price I bought it when my jeep rubicon I ordered came in. Call nearly every day to customer service and no change on order, parts be ordered D status. In consistency in data each time I call. One moment D status next building! worse experience ever.

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
I will NEVER do this again! I was told 6-8 weeks and sold my truck and used a rental at $1,300 a month that was Dec 22, 2021. Itā€™s now March 2 and still in D status! with no hope. 71 days in D status. Dealer sold me a cheaper version ā€œsportā€ while waiting and told me he would buy the jeep back for the same price I bought it when my jeep rubicon I ordered came in. Call nearly every day to customer service and no change on order, parts be ordered D status. In consistency in data each time I call. One moment D status next building! worse experience ever.
The dealer should take care of you because telling you 6-8 weeks was a pipe dream.
Sponsored