Sponsored

2022 jeep wrangler production and delivery time

Industrialwrench

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 SRT Challenger. 18 4Runner off-road premium.
do you know how long it may be?
The “estimate” is now April. Which is an educated guess from the dealer. I ordered on the first day possible for a 2022, and it’s been built for over a month just sitting there. Which I will say is nice to know it’s at least done being built. I ordered a 2 door manual rubicon M6 with a bunch of other strange options. It’s just taking so long I’m worried about the financing rates starting to increase before I get a chance to close the deal. That and I’m impatient. I bought a Kubota tractor a couple years back and it about 3x longer than expected too, pre pandemic.
Sponsored

reallynervous

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon 392XR, 2015 GC Summit
Ordered Oct 25th. Only movement for me was C from D now back to D. This is so stupid.

Ronin58

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 6 2010 and 2016
Ordered my Jeep Wrangler unlimited sahara back in mid October of 2021. The vehicle is built and ready to go according to Jeep chat but no idea as to when it will be transported to my neck of the woods. I think it's sitting in Ohio.

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82CJ7 22JLUR
Ordered a JLUR xtreme recon edition on 29 Oct 2021, with a lot of bling. Deal was MSRP, no BS, no mark-up. $1k deposit which wasn’t to be cashed, was. Didn’t really care. Too much. Received VIN and VON within a week. Been in D status ever since.

As of today (06 March) as part of a mostly bi-weekly (and friendly) status update with dealer salesman, was sent an updated/current order sheet showing it remains in D status. Sucks. And what do you know….noticed the MSRP has changed by $2,900. That’s an almost 5% increase. That’s either a royal screw job by FCA or I’m getting bamboozled something serious. The whole process is beginning to lose it’s appeal.

Wooly

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger
I ordered my 2022 rubicon Dec 22, 2021. My Vin was posted upon asking only within a couple of days. my sales person told me it would be for the six weeks, which I was just told was a pipe dream and I believe it firsthand.
I got the soft top and half doors which also come with full doors, I got all the safety features the hard fenders, Black leather seats with red printing, all the safety features, sting gray.
my bin number is: IE4HJXFGXNW154233
my jeep has been in de status for over 71 days. The customer service said they sent up a case number last week and would get in hold of me within two days (didn’t happen). I am dumbfounded that jeep has been in the business so long and doesn’t have a way of tracking the progress of your jeep online like you can packages with UPS, US mail, and the Amazon.
I called the customer service number provided here… And for everyone I spoke to I got a different answer to the status of my Jeep, with the exception of the last four calls where they all told me it was in D status.
I sold my truck based on what the sales rep told me within four days rented a car for two months at $1300 a month, and then the dealership told me I could buy a new jeep and they would pay for what I bought it for when my jeep got in, I got it in writing needless to say!
first time I’ve ever ordered a vehicle I’ll never do it again.
Has anyone ordered a Jeep in December who has it? I’m thinking now it’s gonna be more like May in a perfect world.
Yep, right here! Ordered December 21, 2021.. My dealership knows completely nothing 🥺.. Jeep Chat says till waiting for parts, I’ve messaged them once a week in the last month and they have asked me to check back in maybe 2 or 3 weeks and to check with my dealer 😂🤣😕

Sponsored

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
Ordered a JLUR xtreme recon edition on 29 Oct 2021, with a lot of bling. Deal was MSRP, no BS, no mark-up. $1k deposit which wasn’t to be cashed, was. Didn’t really care. Too much. Received VIN and VON within a week. Been in D status ever since.

As of today (06 March) as part of a mostly bi-weekly (and friendly) status update with dealer salesman, was sent an updated/current order sheet showing it remains in D status. Sucks. And what do you know….noticed the MSRP has changed by $2,900. That’s an almost 5% increase. That’s either a royal screw job by FCA or I’m getting bamboozled something serious. The whole process is beginning to lose it’s appeal.
As of January 17th I believe all trims and some major options recieved price hikes so that 5% is due to that... Most dealerships should price protect such as you will pay the old MSRP when you ordered and not the new one when it come in. My JLUR XR (still in D) was MSRP of $63k and the new MSRP is more around $66k, dealer confirmed I would not be paying the price increase and I am still going in for about $57k w/fees

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82CJ7 22JLUR
Hey Cjanak21….thanks for the reply…allegedly any decisions in my case are with the GM of the Dealership. Was to hear back yesterday. Thus far crickets.

When did your order your JLUR (I’m on week 19 and counting/waiting). Thx.

08H3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 H3, 1994 YJ
This is the first Stellantis vehicle I have ever bought. I have to say, it’s not a very good impression so far. Can’t believe how poor communication is compared to other makes I have bought.

twofourzulu

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara Altitude - 2022 JLUR Xtreme Recon
I heard they are building higher trimmed wranglers first, but honestly nobody knows for sure. I was lucky enough to order 12/6 and got an estimated ship date of 1/8/22 about a week later.

There are too many factors that come into play based on parts availability, options, and dealer allocations for anyone to give a great estimate. I know I’m an outlier with how quickly it was moved to D1, but there’s still plenty of time for it to regress and get bumped down the line.

I ordered a fully loaded Rubicon JLUR Xtreme Recon on December 16th 2021, and it is still not in production today April 12th 2022. From what I see with my friend who have ordered after that date, and received their Jeeps, they are building the lower trim lines first and the Jeep High-Tides.

Last edited:

garykk

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
I ordered a fully loaded Rubicon JLUR Xtreme Recon on December 2016, and it is still not in production today April 12th 2022. From what I see with my friend who have ordered after that date, and received their Jeeps, they are building the lower trim lines first and the Jeep High-Tides.
Wow, a six year wait, now that’s a record🙄

Sponsored

Nitehawk92

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 JLU Reign Rubicon 14 Mazda, 22 Hyundia Santa Fe
My Dealer here in the Dayton Ohio area told me a factory order would take 120 days. I ordered on March 1st 2022 and in D1 from what I can tell. 120 days is a little more than 17 weeks. It is always better to tell you 120 days and have in come in at 60 days, then to tell you 60 days and have it come in at 120 days...

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I ordered a fully loaded Rubicon JLUR Xtreme Recon on December 2016, and it is still not in production today April 12th 2022. From what I see with my friend who have ordered after that date, and received their Jeeps, they are building the lower trim lines first and the Jeep High-Tides.
Only took me 48 days from order to delivery for a two door rubicon. Not every option, but pretty close aside from the safety groups!

Like I said, too many factors for anyone to know for sure. I’m sure parts availability is playing a huge factor and the XR package is in very high demand.

twofourzulu

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara Altitude - 2022 JLUR Xtreme Recon
7th I believe all trims and some major options recieved price hikes so that 5% is due to that... Most dealerships should price protect such as you will pay the old MSRP when you ordered and not the new one when it come in. My JLUR XR (still in D) was MSRP of
, with a lot of bling. Deal was MSRP, no BS, no mark-up. $1k deposit which wasn’t to be cashed, was. Didn’t really care. Too much. Received VIN and VON within a week. Been in D status ever since.

As of today (06 March) as part of a mostly bi-
Wow, a six year wait, now that’s a record🙄
Thanks for pointing that out. Sorry about that typo....corrected the date.

AntonioF

First Name
Antonio
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon
Ordered my Rubicon on June 6th, 2022 - just yesterday it got a VIN number associated with the order.... not in production yet. This will be a 2023 model...
Sponsored

Last edited: