Harness issue JL for Brake Controller

jdames

First Name
Jo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr
So this is interesting. I took my 2019 Jeep Wrangler, 2 dr. to the dealer yesterday for an appointment to get the brake controller hard wired into it. A few things happened and I am wondering if anyone else had an issue or knows anything about this?
1. I overheard the manager say he was concerned about it because they had never installed it before on a JL.
2. They ordered the wrong part and had to go pick up the right one.
3. The right one cam be back but they didn't install it. They said there is no harness in the vehicle to wire it into and they would have to order the harness (June sometime) and then install that before they could install the controller.
4. He told me the harness for the JL has not even been released yet!? What?

Basically the $400 estimate was now over $1000 and a two month wait period.
I told him that, when I bought this jeep new I asked that it have everything I needed to tow. He told me, the JL aren't meant to tow! WHAT???

This is not the first time I have had serious discrepancies from dealer to dealer and even from calling Jeep themselves. While I don't expect them to know EVERYTHING I do expect due diligence. I realize I can get a bluetooth controller, but I wanted the hard wired for my own peace of mind.

Is it possible that they don't know what they are talking about at that dealership? How would I know, or how can I find out, for myself, if this jeep does in fact have the harness and they just didn't know what they were doing?

Thanks in advance for your help/feedback.
Sponsored

Davaug79@

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport
Did you have any information on this. I just installed my Towing wires and wanted to Hard Wire a Brake Control. Its only 4 wires but I was wondering if you were able to figure it out.