Hardtop rain gutter drains into cabin

paffemt

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sahara
I still support a simple unnoticeable glob of black silicone in front end of gutter. Driving rain, two small drops max.
My solution was similar. I took some Coax Seal, balled it up and pressed it into the gutter at the front. Even in the heavy rain we had yesterday, no water ran into the jeep.
Sponsored

HiJinx69

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL, 2014 Mazda 6, 2010 Honda Odyssey, Yamaha FZ-09
Resourceful, but does it interfere with removability of Freedom Panels?
I can remove the Freedom Panels. The plastic strip isn't attached to it, it just sits underneath.

LeodaJeep

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
SoCal below Idyllwild mountains S.W. side.
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubican
Occupation
Self Sufficient
0E96D2DA-1EDB-4F12-84ED-C7008381A16A.jpeg

You obviously didn’t drive them in the rain.

Speaking from experience I can tell you that both my TJ’s and JKUR dripped the wet when it was raining.

Quit the whining. There’s way too many cry babies on this forum.

0E96D2DA-1EDB-4F12-84ED-C7008381A16A.jpeg
Too many jerks too. Know what I'm sayin?

Cartage1

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2018 JLUR
I am always amused by the folks who get so incensed by anyone daring to complain about a design defect on Jeeps which results in personal inconvenience. It's straight to "It's a Jeep thing and if you don't like it, then maybe a Jeep is not for you".
Yet, if Jeep adds something to the Wrangler for emissions or fuel economy reasons, like ESS, then the same people bitch about Jeep putting needless crap on their Jeeps.
I bet that if Jeep had designed the ESS system in such a way as to present the driver with a nausea inducing electric shock to the testicles, then these folks would be happy. That way, they would wait for new Jeep owners to say, "WTF! My Jeep shocks my balls every time it starts!!", to which they will gleefully reply.. "Hey newbie, if you don't like shooting puke all over your dashboard after a "mild" testicle shock, then maybe you should get something else! After all, Jeep clearly thought about it, which is why they make the dash water proof".
Bumping this quote as a flyer..., thread dead for 5 full months, but monsoon season has beset Cleveland, and while I love Lake Erie, would rather boat in it versus have it pour into my floor pans. This thread was hilarious, and very much like our current environment (or maybe perhaps the environment before the pandemic), but this reply made me laugh my butt off..., just well played., and sadly applies to many many lurkers online (this forum included). Damn funny.., well done, and the proposed solutions turn out to be great intel too.
Stay well, stay safe Jeepheads.
Sponsored