Hardtop liners worth it?

Mwags

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler unlimited JLU Sport S
I'm looking to treat my Jeep and I'm thinking of a hardtop liner.
To anyone that has done this is it worth the money or should I spend the money on a different mod?

Thanks in advance.
MKW
Sponsored

conFUcius

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting-Gray JLU Rubicon 3.6 V6
Occupation
Medical Affairs
I'm looking to treat my Jeep and I'm thinking of a hardtop liner.
To anyone that has done this is it worth the money or should I spend the money on a different mod?

Thanks in advance.
MKW
Hothead Headliners are worth the money to help with tempering extreme temperatures and sound. Depending on what you plan on doing with your Wrangler, how high are they on the priority list is the real question as they are not cheap.

OP
OP
Mwags

Mwags

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hothead Headliners are worth the money to help with tempering extreme temperatures and sound. Depending on what you plan on doing with your Wrangler, how high are they on the priority list is the real question as they are not cheap.
I'm pretty much finished with moding..wheels,tires,lift,winch and bumper,side steps etc...I have thought about the liners before and now I think I have a nice setup for removing the top with an electric hoist and figured I'd do them while its off....I know they're pricey and that's why I want to know if they're worth it...It gets cold in Pa in the winter and hot in summer.

Sponsored

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Hot heads with sound assassins here. Very noticeable difference.

kiese02

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Hothead Headliners do a great job with cab temperature and sound. Great product and awesome company.

KrzybonesJLU

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU SPORT S, 2024 WILLY's
Yes,very cold in the winter and hot summers.
so I’ll give you my two cents. Don’t expect luxury car status insulation and sound. You will definitely feel alot less heat radiating from the hardtop to your head and a reduction of heat overall in the cabin. As for sound I definitely saw an IMPROVEMENT in wind and overall outside sound reduction. As for improvement in audio definitely felt an improvement in sound overall as well. In addition gives a more finished look on the inside of the jeep

OP
OP
Mwags

Mwags

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
so I’ll give you my two cents. Don’t expect luxury car status insulation and sound. You will definitely feel alot less heat radiating from the hardtop to your head and a reduction of heat overall in the cabin. As for sound I definitely saw an IMPROVEMENT in wind and overall outside sound reduction. As for improvement in audio definitely felt an improvement in sound overall as well. In addition gives a more finished look on the inside of the jeep
A more finished look is something I was thinking of also instead of the all white look.

Ed Pursell

First Name
-Ed-
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Willys- 3.6 Pentastar,8 speed Auto, Selec-Trac transfer case
Occupation
Supervisor- MRO Buyer Maintenance- Pet food Mfg.
Yes, good decision, Hotheads are good, factory ones also do the trick. My last 2 Wranglers (2016 Willys and 2021 Willys)I got the factory ones installed including my 2021 Willys ordered a couple months ago. My 2012 JKU back in the day didn’t have them and there is/was a difference with either choice, liners are nice for winter and summer... For me, it was easier at the time of purchase to get the factory. Any of the two are a nice option, keeps the heat in, and in summer a lot cooler.