OP
OP
FuriousEwok

FuriousEwok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU, Liberty KK, Cherokee XJ
Hadnt thought of that. Wonder how well that stuff sticks to a textured surface.
I know you can get that done professionally, but is the wrap available anywhere so you can cut it and do it yourself. Might be an option. I could probably settle with a sub par job I did myself seeing how its on the interior above my head :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
FuriousEwok

FuriousEwok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU, Liberty KK, Cherokee XJ
Well, I decided not to be an internet idiot and go look for myself. I see it for sale on Amazon, so I think this will be what I try first. Good idea. Thanks. If I ever get my JL delivered, I will give it a shot and post pics.

jrohan07

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GCM 2018 JLUS Firecracker Red
All my previous Jeeps I always had the Mopar headliners but still did not like the white showing. My JLUR this time I did not want the headliners so I ordered a JTOPS shade in black and it fits so well over the roll bar with no gaps that it acts like a headliner and you don't see any white.
Plus it can stay on with HT or soft top. The Mopar Headliners do work really well but for $236 vs $595 works for me and the shade kinda helps with noise reduction.

45rake

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR Sting Gray, 15 Lamborghini Huracan, 11 Porsche Cayenne Turbo, 15 Mercedes Benz GLA45 AMG, 66 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser
Have any of you done flocking. It's a felt that gets blown / sprayed on. It comes in hundreds of colors and different durabilities. I did my plastic center console (gear shift cover) on my Lotus Elise and it came out nice. This with the hothead liners I think would look nice. Flocking is used for several things but think of how the inside of a jewelry box is finished.

Sponsored

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
Alien sunshades can stay on with the Hard Top. I’ll add a picture when it is light out. Several have commented on how they like the look.

As promised:

7197CB0A-18E2-4683-8B9C-BBD9454E2115.jpeg

They have a one piece but two looks better to me. Also, works with hard top and soft top and freedom panels still removable.

Last edited:

Dan S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic Apprentice
Painted, the Sound Assassin strips, followed by Hot Heads liners. I'd do it again right away when I buy another Jeep.

IMG_20180630_165241945_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180630_175606495_HDR.jpg

IMG_20180701_175832407.jpg

IMG_20180701_180714210_HDR.jpg

84jeepjohn

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 JLUR 392, 84 CJ7, 2005 Z71 Burb
Dan that top looks GREAT!! What did you use to paint it?

Dan S

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Sahara
Occupation
Elevator Mechanic Apprentice
Dan that top looks GREAT!! What did you use to paint it?
It was the 2 in 1 spray paint from Home Depot. I think it took about 5 cans. Along with 2 rolls of Frog Tape.

Last edited:

Jeep4Life0112

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR (Mojito)
Alien sunshades can stay on with the Hard Top. I’ll add a picture when it is light out. Several have commented on how they like the look.

As promised:

7197CB0A-18E2-4683-8B9C-BBD9454E2115.jpeg

They have a one piece but two looks better to me. Also, works with hard top and soft top and freedom panels still removable.
This looks great. How easy is it to pop off the front freedom panels with the sunshade installed? Are you still able to access the latches without needing to mess with the sunshade?

Sponsored

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
This looks great. How easy is it to pop off the front freedom panels with the sunshade installed? Are you still able to access the latches without needing to mess with the sunshade?
There is enough play in the material and the location of the latches is such that you just put your fingers under and flip the latches. Not a pain, but slows you down maybe 20 seconds overall, because if you are not outside in sunlight, you have to remember where the latches are. (Hard to see under material) I have very fair skin so I can never just sit in the sun and needed the Shades anyway. Which do let light and air in, just diffused light.

But, according to Alien Shade, and there are other brands, these work and can stay on with Hard and Soft tops. When I ordered the back piece i didn't even remove the top to install.

fzdan4256

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubi Billet Silver , 6 speed
I recently ordered a Rubicon and am anxiously awaiting its arrival. I'm already plotting how I can overcome the dreaded white roof. What options are there out there other than:
1) Mopar liner
2) Hothead headliner
3) Lizardskin spray on
4) Simply painting the top

The lizard skin seems overpriced and I'm having a hard time believing it would be worth it, but looks good.
The hothead seems like it might help, but is pricey and doesn't get rid of all the white (the white really bugs me).

Has anyone simply spray painted (kind of seems like a bad idea) or plasti-dipped the hardtop interior? If so, how did that turn out?

Thx.
I added a sun screen for the summer when the soft top is on. That sun screen stays on with the hard top as well. 100% blocks the white roof.

45rake

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR Sting Gray, 15 Lamborghini Huracan, 11 Porsche Cayenne Turbo, 15 Mercedes Benz GLA45 AMG, 66 Toyota FJ40 Land Cruiser