Sponsored

Hardtop headliner

Hardtop headliner. Actually worth it? Make a difference?

• Total voters

FPD

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 grand Cherokee overland, 2009 porsche 911 Turbo cab
I've got a Rubicon and the middle section where the passenger seats are is just one giant piece. There's 1 panel for each Freedom Top, 1 giant section over the passenger seats, a side surround for each rear window and a panel over the cargo area.
correct, that is what i have. if you look at the hotheads headliners they also seem to have three small pieces that are in the small sections over the rear roof bar.
Sponsored

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
Don’t have any complaints. It’s quiet inside and looks nicer than the plain white roof. Only had the Jeep a little over a week and less than 300 miles so not much time in it to find things wrong yet.
Flyguy81: curious. Might your life experiences have something to compare this new ride to that involved a Wrangler sans headliner?

...just trying to get an idea of how quieter is "quieter."

..of course there's the climate control, particularly in heat, aspects to the product....

Thanks.

Flyguy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
Flyguy81: curious. Might your life experiences have something to compare this new ride to that involved a Wrangler sans headliner?

...just trying to get an idea of how quieter is "quieter."

..of course there's the climate control, particularly in heat, aspects to the product....

Thanks.
Honestly I’ve never owned a Jeep without the headliner so I don’t have much to compare it to. Is it quieter than my daily driver car? No. Is it quieter than my work ride (737)? Yep. It’s a Jeep so I went in knowing it’ll be a little noisier...I think it’s a better ride than my 2014 JK.

wahlsaint

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 6MT; Macan Turbo; Li'l Cooper; Subee, CR-V
Just noticed today that my factory installed headliner doesn't include the three smaller middle panels over the rear roll bar crossover. I gotta think this is a miss. Anyone else with the factory headliner have full coverage like this hothead liner pic?
Full Top.jpg

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
Just noticed today that my factory installed headliner doesn't include the three smaller middle panels over the rear roll bar crossover. I gotta think this is a miss. Anyone else with the factory headliner have full coverage like this hothead liner pic?
Full Top.jpg
I don't have those three smaller ones either but I do have the rear fully covered, unlike the hotheads. I guess it's an even trade off.

2028987C-D8D0-4A00-99FC-6BBDF40C2197.jpeg

B7572847-DE7A-47C4-B678-D2C822EB8E2F.jpeg

Sponsored

tzinsli

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Full Top.jpg
Factory liner doesn’t include the three small middle panels.

0DF1F40A-217E-465A-9049-510E60F037C2.jpeg

Jordon_Taylor

First Name
Jordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I'm asking Hothead if they'll put a kit together that includes just the 3 pieces missing in the factory headliner. Will update with their response.

FPD

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 grand Cherokee overland, 2009 porsche 911 Turbo cab
I'm asking Hothead if they'll put a kit together that includes just the 3 pieces missing in the factory headliner. Will update with their response.
I already did this. He said it would not look identical as they use different material than the factory headliners

Jordon_Taylor

First Name
Jordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport
I already did this. He said it would not look identical as they use different material than the factory headliners
Gotcha, thanks for update. I guess another option would be getting the part number for one of the front panel headliners, ordering that, and cutting it to fit the three empty parts. Not sure how it would turn out though and might not be worth the effort.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I am not getting it for almost 500.. I will wait and see if i need it. if so there is a company i saw here in town that does it twice as thick and for a little less. We never had it before and the soft tops wont have it so its not that big of a deal to me

Sponsored

Rosco P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeepless at the moment.
I installed the Hotheads and the sound assassins strips. I think it has made a noticeable difference.

Oilslick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
I am thinking about spraying mine with a product called lizard skin. They offer a sound deadening and thermal block liquid that's water based. I've never used it before but it seems like a good idea.

Moisture1

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl
Can anyone explian why I just picked up my New JL today and have a factory headliner installed even though I never ordered it is it a freebie now or did someone screw up to my benifit??

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
Can anyone explian why I just picked up my New JL today and have a factory headliner installed even though I never ordered it is it a freebie now or did someone screw up to my benifit??
We're you charged for it?