Sponsored

Hardtop headliner

Hardtop headliner. Actually worth it? Make a difference?

• Total voters

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
Can you please post pics of the headliner? Particularly where the back windows are? I want to make sure they go down the sides just like the pics in Jeep website. The JK's didn't.
Anyone?
Sponsored

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
I would really love to see someone post pictures of MOPAR headliner to make my decision. I really want a headliner on JL but its an item that can be added later, especially since there are options I'd like to pick the best one.

I had "HotHeadHeadliners" on my JKU and loved it, ultra plush quality product that was way more superior then anything out there including OEM-MOPAR, wonder if they stepped it up.

Also to my surprise hothead already offers JLU headliners however slightly pricier then MOPAR.

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Thanks for this thread! I’m definitely adding this when I get my JLUR.

Willy723

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 SCREW Lariat 3.5EB, 2016 Explorer Sport, 1990 Mustang GT, 2006 HD FXDL
Did a much nicer and more "factory fit and finish" look in my friends JK with Dynamat and Suede. all the recessed areas that the factory lines covered got the dynamat, but every inch of the exposed surfaces got coated with the suede material from an interior fabrics supplier.

Sponsored

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)
Did a much nicer and more "factory fit and finish" look in my friends JK with Dynamat and Suede. all the recessed areas that the factory lines covered got the dynamat, but every inch of the exposed surfaces got coated with the suede material from an interior fabrics supplier.
Okay, now you have to post photos!

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS
Last edited:

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
@Flyguy81

How do you like the factory headliner? Likes, dislikes? Gripes, groans, complaints or praises? I ordered the factory liner after seeing what my brother's JKU Recon looks like with it.

Sponsored

pickles61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara JL - Firecracker Red
Did you do this or did you bring this someplace to have it done? This sounds like it looks nicer then the standard liners

LeaN69

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR 4xe / 23 Bolt EUV / 22 Camaro SS 1LE
Its better then JK's but from what I see I'll be going with HotHeads.
Thanks for pictures!

Flyguy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
@Flyguy81

How do you like the factory headliner? Likes, dislikes? Gripes, groans, complaints or praises? I ordered the factory liner after seeing what my brother's JKU Recon looks like with it.
Don’t have any complaints. It’s quiet inside and looks nicer than the plain white roof. Only had the Jeep a little over a week and less than 300 miles so not much time in it to find things wrong yet.

FPD

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 grand Cherokee overland, 2009 porsche 911 Turbo cab
Don’t have any complaints. It’s quiet inside and looks nicer than the plain white roof. Only had the Jeep a little over a week and less than 300 miles so not much time in it to find things wrong yet.
i also have the factory headliner on my new JL Sahara. can someone else who also has the factory version confirm that the small middle three sections are not filled in with headliner material? mine are not, and it looks like the hotheads version has three small pieces there.

thoughts?

Flyguy81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Occupation
Pilot
i also have the factory headliner on my new JL Sahara. can someone else who also has the factory version confirm that the small middle three sections are not filled in with headliner material? mine are not, and it looks like the hotheads version has three small pieces there.

thoughts?
I've got a Rubicon and the middle section where the passenger seats are is just one giant piece. There's 1 panel for each Freedom Top, 1 giant section over the passenger seats, a side surround for each rear window and a panel over the cargo area.
Sponsored