Don
Threads
Reaction score
Port Charlotte, FL, Naples Fl, 17 Oaks Ranch, Tex
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLR-X 2023 JLR, 2021 JTR. 20 F 450 KR,
Occupation
US Army Infantry, IT Engineer
We are moving to the San Antonio area and have heard there can be some serious hail storms. Have any of you guys had your Jeeps damaged?

I’m curious how the hard top holds up.
Texas is known for its Hail, and tornadoes. in fact, I lived in a town called Colleyville Tx, right next to DFW airport. Well we made the national news. I was driving in my driveway and as I drove into the garage and here what sounds like a hammer on a dishpan but was extremely loud. I look as I get out of my car and its HAIL, HELL YES ITS HAIL.

How bad was it? 100% of all roofs in that town had to be replaced, 100% no one escaped it. Made the prime time national news.

Don't worry to much about tornadoes as they drawn like flies to a watermelon picnic and to trailer parks. The Tx Hill country just N of San Antonio rarely get a tornado, in I never saw one there but they don't call it the Texas Hill country for nothing. My ranch house sat on a hill top at 1720 EL, I coiuld see for 50 miles out my bedroom window.

Hail is not likely to damage you hard top but might punch a hole in your old soft top.

Not sure where you are going to work, but the traffic is horrible. The city is moving NW up I 10 towards Boerne (Burn E), then Comfort, then Kerrville, after that almost you next stop is El Paso, not much in-between 'cept ranches and windmills (Texas leads the nation in wind power and will soon lead the nation in Solar.

I grew up in San Antonio till I was about 13 or so and we moved to our family ranch.

White FOLKS in Texas are THE Minority, YES, San Antonio is about 70% Mexican. DIVERSITY WORKS in Texas. Got any questions ask me, Texas been my home for 76 years.

Sponsored

BenderRodriguez

First Name
Bender
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JL392, 22 Yukon Denali, 18 F250, 17 Dutch Star
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Dev
We are moving to the San Antonio area and have heard there can be some serious hail storms. Have any of you guys had your Jeeps damaged?

I’m curious how the hard top holds up.

Welcome to the neighborhood! We are a few miles East of Boerne. I've seen quite a few MAJOR hailstorms in the SA area, but never been in one. I'd just get a low deductible on your comprehensive insurance, and don't worry about it - big one's are more rare than think.

The PDR process is pretty darn good at making hail dents disappear - and the hard top is not metal, so most hail would not damage it. If it is damaged, you'd have to replace the whole thing.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
I'm not talking about hail, and how lucky I've been. I don't want to Jinx things, and upset or taunt the "Demon Hail Spirits" that are in Texas.
Sponsored