Sponsored

GXD - Remote Proximity Keyless Entry REQUIRED???

t.i.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler buying soon
I loved the Proximity Locks on my old '19 JLR. I would want them on whatever JL I buy next. I was just going to order another JLR and decided to see how a Willys would build out. I tried building a Willys online and it would not let me add Proximity Door Locks unless I added the Dual Door Group?
And then if you try to order Dual Door Group to get proximity sensor, now apparently, you could only do that Dual Door Group with soft top and not the hardtop. Jeep is making this very difficult.
Sponsored

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
And then if you try to order Dual Door Group to get proximity sensor, now apparently, you could only do that Dual Door Group with soft top and not the hardtop. Jeep is making this very difficult.
Way difficult.

I have not checked yet. Before you could not order dual roofs if you wanted the hard top and soft top for 2-doors. It was one or the other.

You have to order dual doors and soft top to get the Proximity locks. Anyone wanting a hard top would need to buy the hard top and electrical harness for the hard top afterwards. That means you have to have the dealer install the harness and hard top as a dealer installed option that is usually only warrantied for 12 months/12K miles.

By the time you buy all that you are deep into Rubicon pricing.