BillJeep

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
2019 4-dr Sahara JL, granite crystal and started to notice these blotchy areas appear on the drive side. Hard to see in the sun, a bit easier to see in the garage. When you look very close, the metallic paint of the granite crystal is missing from these areas. The finish is not rough, but not as smooth as the metallic parts of the vehicle either.

anyone else have this issue or know what could cause this? It really looks like a finger print smudge, which is what i assumed at first, until i tried wash it and realized that it must be a defect. there is a small section on the door as well, but the photos do not show it very well. any help is much appreciated.

Jeep will be 1 year old in July. I have a call into the dealer, but am wondering if this is a warranty issue or maybe i drove through something that corroded the paint.

Jeep Side.jpg

Photo May 26, 2 23 34 PM.jpg

Photo May 26, 2 23 41 PM.jpg

Photo May 26, 2 22 38 PM.jpg
Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Clean the area with some isopropyl alcohol. Then use a quality detail spray and clay bar to see if that spot is just some type of contamination. If the clay bar doesn't do anything, it may very well be a blemish in the clear coat that needs to be fixed.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

much appreciated. Will give it a shot, thank you!
If you have an automotive store near you, that's open, any clay bar and detailer spray will work.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
2019 4-dr Sahara JL, granite crystal and started to notice these blotchy areas appear on the drive side. Hard to see in the sun, a bit easier to see in the garage. When you look very close, the metallic paint of the granite crystal is missing from these areas. The finish is not rough, but not as smooth as the metallic parts of the vehicle either.

anyone else have this issue or know what could cause this? It really looks like a finger print smudge, which is what i assumed at first, until i tried wash it and realized that it must be a defect. there is a small section on the door as well, but the photos do not show it very well. any help is much appreciated.

Jeep will be 1 year old in July. I have a call into the dealer, but am wondering if this is a warranty issue or maybe i drove through something that corroded the paint.

Jeep Wrangler JL Granite Crystal Paint Issue Photo May 26, 2 22 38 PM

HI Bill,
Should you decide to visit your dealer to have this looked into further, please send our team a private message. We would be happy to provide additional support.
Alex
Jeep Cares

OP
OP
BillJeep

BillJeep

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019, JLU Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
If you have an automotive store near you, that's open, any clay bar and detailer spray will work.
Happy to say that the Adams Clay bar and @jludave recommendation fixed the issue. Awesome tip, thanks.
Jeep Wrangler JL Granite Crystal Paint Issue 6B0F0122-607A-479F-ADAD-CAAA52285073
Sponsored