Google maps on touchscreen??

WillDo559

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jl rubicon unlimited
This is exactly why I use it. $20/mo to make up for my horrible Tmobile service. Before I had the car wifi it'd take about 5-10 minutes for Google Maps/Spotify/etc to work because of the density of where I'm at (Downtown Dallas).

I really need to get off tmo unless their 5g is legit.
T-Mobile was good in SoCal but now I'm out in nowhere and at&t is better here (T-Mobile here probably would take me 5-10 for anything too). I spent 4 weeks in Dallas and didn't have issues with reception. I love Dallas. After 4 weeks of eating brisket everyday, I came home and bought a heavy duty smoker.
Sponsored

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
iOS and car play. Use can use google maps or Waze. I’ve been using both. You have to have the phone plugged in using usb.
I have been using Google maps on my 8.4 screen. Crazy though at first I was getting screen shots of the area I am driving with buildings, etc now just regular maps like Waze?

stoowie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
iOS and car play. Use can use google maps or Waze. I’ve been using both. You have to have the phone plugged in using usb.
Are you aware that when Google Maps first came to CarPlay it was using Street View and now its gone. WTF?

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
It's much better today

Sponsored

KCC_703

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray MOAB
There's a setting to turn on the satellite overlays in Google Maps. I didn't think Street View worked while navigating / moving... I don't own a iPhone so the Google Maps could have been using Street View inadvertently in the beginning.

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
I dont do Apple so can't say but Android works GREAT
Sponsored