Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
Top & bottom for the rear shocks only.

(pair of top, and pair on bottom ~ 4 total.
Sponsored

Snakeman1992

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 willys
I also use a set of Gladiator JT shocks on my JL 2 door Rubicon. A friend of mine just CNCed me some adapters for the rear upper end.

They are sweet. seems to be much softer, but all they do is: They work a lot better.

On the street you won't notice any bump or hole in the seats - nearly.

Offroad - which means for me: going on a hunt and take some bumpy forrest trails - they also perform much much better. Where I could just drive about 10-15 mph before it gets uncomfortable with stock shocks, I can now go for a good 20-25 mph on field and forrest "driveways".

For me: the best priceable option to go when you will stay with stock height or just add some +30mm springs.

Greets

Tobias

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg
Does your buddy wanna make me a set too? Lol

migyb

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Wondering what the difference would be putting on a set of JT rubicon ecodiesel fox shocks+ springs on a JLU rubicon vs the fox JT rubicon 3.6/2.0

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
Wondering what the difference would be putting on a set of JT rubicon ecodiesel fox shocks+ springs on a JLU rubicon vs the fox JT rubicon 3.6/2.0
Rear springs are incompatible between JL and JT. Fronts will fit but not sure about the spring rate.

Sponsored

TangoRomeo7688

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon 2.2 Diesel
Well, I'm on it. The upper rear spring seats costs 13€ each. Maybe it's possible to get those rear JT springs fitting the JL.

I will keep you up to date.

Greets

Tobias

TangoRomeo7688

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon 2.2 Diesel
Well, I'm on it. The upper rear spring seats costs 13€ each. Maybe it's possible to get those rear JT springs fitting the JL.

I will keep you up to date.

Greets

Tobias

migyb

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Anyone know how the JT Rubicon Diesel springs will differ in height/ride when put in a JLU?

Im assuming this hasnt really been done before. In theory, do diesel springs ride stiffer or softer? What would happen if I put the rear max tow springs in my JLU (willys)?

Probably will end up guinea pigging but thought I'd ask!

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
People with diesel JTs have posted they bottom out a lot over small bumps, from what I have read it doesn’t sound like they are any stiffer or longer than regular springs. The Mojave springs are definitely stiffer and a little taller, you can buy them new for $120.

migyb

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
People with diesel JTs have posted they bottom out a lot over small bumps, from what I have read it doesn’t sound like they are any stiffer or longer than regular springs. The Mojave springs are definitely stiffer and a little taller, you can buy them new for $120.
good idea. Are they longer than JLU springs ?

I saw that thread in the JT forum that some are bottoming out... if I were to place them on my JLU sport though, which is 400lbs lighter in the front, wouldn’t that make a pretty big difference?

JLU springs are longer than JT springs.. but in my case where I don’t have added weight of having a diesel:

If I were to put in the diesel JT springs, I would be putting in shorter springs, but I also would be lighter (due to having a JLU 2.0L) , therefore it may equal out? + the added benefit of stiffer springs?

Idk. I have the springs lying around. It wouldn’t hurt to try before selling them lol

Sponsored

grandsrus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jlur
good idea. Are they longer than JLU springs ?

I saw that thread in the JT forum that some are bottoming out... if I were to place them on my JLU sport though, which is 400lbs lighter in the front, wouldn’t that make a pretty big difference?

JLU springs are longer than JT springs.. but in my case where I don’t have added weight of having a diesel:

If I were to put in the diesel JT springs, I would be putting in shorter springs, but I also would be lighter (due to having a JLU 2.0L) , therefore it may equal out? + the added benefit of stiffer springs?

Idk. I have the springs lying around. It wouldn’t hurt to try before selling them lol
The only stiffer springs i know about are the Mojave front springs which provide a 1" lift over rubi stock front springs.

migyb

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Willys
Finally got the rear ones on. Had to macgyver the shit out of those bushings to get them out. Had to cut some of the rubber lip so that my gear puller could bite onto the eyelet.

level of difficulty without proper tools: insane
Jeep Wrangler JL Gladiator Fox shocks on JLUR? 773D5A4B-B0FD-4640-AA53-F666D990D268

Used a cheap gear puller and a quarter lol. The need for steady hands is an understatement.

Had no way to lift the Jeep from where I was so I had to compress the shocks by hand just to get them on. Should be worth it!

thanks for all the tips on this thread!

Snakeman1992

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 willys
Finally got the rear ones on. Had to macgyver the shit out of those bushings to get them out. Had to cut some of the rubber lip so that my gear puller could bite onto the eyelet.

level of difficulty without proper tools: insane
Jeep Wrangler JL Gladiator Fox shocks on JLUR? 773D5A4B-B0FD-4640-AA53-F666D990D268

Used a cheap gear puller and a quarter lol. The need for steady hands is an understatement.

Had no way to lift the Jeep from where I was so I had to compress the shocks by hand just to get them on. Should be worth it!

thanks for all the tips on this thread!
What bushings did you replace them with?