Gecko vs Mojito?

Punknhed

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Punkin Rubi XR
friend of mine has a gecko jk. and has ordered a gecko JL 2 door. personally i like the gecko, if i remember it is a solid color. Mojito is a heavy metallic, and different shade of green completely.
Sponsored

bicepsmctouchdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Wrangler Sport Alt (on order)
My daughter is begging me to get Gecko green when I order my Wrangler. I typically do like a bright green I had Sublime green in my 2015 Challenger Scat Pack.

I've seen Majito in person about a year ago and I know I like it. I haven't see Gecko. At I least I don't think I have. Although I did see a 4 door unlimited in a parking lot a week ago that looked like super bright high lighter greenish yellow. I didn't look at it close enough. I don't really know if I liked it or not. Was that Gecko?

I was thinking about getting Sting Grey. But like i said my daughter is pressing for the Gecko. Part of me is thinking Jeeps should be a fun color and maybe I should get the Gecko. Is Gecko nice? How does it compare to Majito?

I wish I knew what the darn 2022 colors are going to be. My daughter is also bugging me to jest get a 2021 now so we have it quicker. Lol. Kids.
Here is the swatch of the green colors. Scrolldown to the bottom to compare Gecko vs Mojito.

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
Here is the swatch of the green colors. Scrolldown to the bottom to compare Gecko vs Mojito.
Maybe that yellowish green Jeep unlimited I saw was Hypergreen!?

I think I would only consider Gecko if I definitely go with the Rubicon. If I go with the Willys I want a more military style look. This is definitely a hard choice with the color and the darn Jeep. Lol. I do really like Sting Grey. This is going to be harder then I thought.

Sponsored

jeeeeeeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Gecko (PFM) is not the same as Sublime (PFB) as another person has said.

The brighter than Gecko color is Hypergreen (PJK).

From the Gecko Owners thread, this is Hypergreen on the left and Gecko on the right:
Jeep Wrangler JL Gecko vs Mojito? 1628742857545

Sources:
Gecko - http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?x=0&y=0&comm=gecko&rows=200
Sublime - http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?x=0&y=0&comm=sublime&rows=200
Hypergreen - http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?x=0&y=0&comm=hypergreen&rows=200

Oh - and Mojito is PGE which is metallic - http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?x=0&y=0&comm=mojito&rows=200

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
Personal opinion: Mojito is a horrible color. I have only seen 1-2 highly modified jeeps where it looked decent. Other than that, I couldn't stand it.

If you saw a jeep that looked neon green/like a highlighter, it was probably Hyper Green.

Gecko is a cool color but I'd definitely go Rubicon with black flares and top to break the color up a bit.

I just ordered Sting Grey and sort of wish I went Gecko instead.

Besides normal colors I have had Hellayella, Punkin Orange, Hyper Green, and Fire Cracker Red. I like the bright colors typically.

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Gecko (PFM) is not the same as Sublime (PFB) as another person has said.

The brighter than Gecko color is Hypergreen (PJK).

From the Gecko Owners thread, this is Hypergreen on the left and Gecko on the right:
Jeep Wrangler JL Gecko vs Mojito? 1628742857545

Sources:
Gecko - http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?x=0&y=0&comm=gecko&rows=200
Sublime - http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?x=0&y=0&comm=sublime&rows=200
Hypergreen - http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?x=0&y=0&comm=hypergreen&rows=200

Oh - and Mojito is PGE which is metallic - http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/colorcodedisplay.cgi?x=0&y=0&comm=mojito&rows=200
I definitely like the looks of the Gecko better. After this picture I'm 100% the Jeep I saw the other week was Hypergreen which came across not to appealing to me.

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Personal opinion: Mojito is a horrible color. I have only seen 1-2 highly modified jeeps where it looked decent. Other than that, I couldn't stand it.

If you saw a jeep that looked neon green/like a highlighter, it was probably Hyper Green.

Gecko is a cool color but I'd definitely go Rubicon with black flares and top to break the color up a bit.

I just ordered Sting Grey and sort of wish I went Gecko instead.

Besides normal colors I have had Hellayella, Punkin Orange, Hyper Green, and Fire Cracker Red. I like the bright colors typically.
For the 2021 model years I'm torn between Sting Grey and Gecko. You would think these would be the last colors someone would be torn over being that they are so different.

Typically I would never buy Grey. But Sting Grey looks really good. I saw it at the dealership last week. It has that ceramic monocramitc look to it and it literally is the color of a Stingray.

Gecko although not the exact color as my Sublime Challenger I had looks to be similar for the in your face cool fun color. I wish I could see it in person. This is definitely my 11 year old daughters pic. She's begging me for it. Lol..

It's definitely a tough call. I can see myself being happy with both colors for different reasons.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
For the 2021 model years I'm torn between Sting Grey and Gecko. You would think these would be the last colors someone would be torn over being that they are so different.

Typically I would never buy Grey. But Sting Grey looks really good. I saw it at the dealership last week. It has that ceramic monocramitc look to it and it literally is the color of a Stingray.

Gecko although not the exact color as my Sublime Challenger I had looks to be similar for the in your face cool fun color. I wish I could see it in person. This is definitely my 11 year old daughters pic. She's begging me for it. Lol..

It's definitely a tough call. I can see myself being happy with both colors for different reasons.
I'm right there with you. Sting Grey and Gecko have me flip flopping in my mind. I already ordered the Sting Grey, so I will stick with it.

Sting Grey is probably easier for resale purposes. Also the paint will be easier to upkeep. The clear coat on the jeeps tends to pick up a ton of metal specks from the road that end up rusting. It shows easily on the light colors. It is a pain to rub or clay bar them out every time you wash the jeep. With darker colors they aren't as noticeable.

Sponsored

OP
OP
JeepViking13

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I'm right there with you. Sting Grey and Gecko have me flip flopping in my mind. I already ordered the Sting Grey, so I will stick with it.

Sting Grey is probably easier for resale purposes. Also the paint will be easier to upkeep. The clear coat on the jeeps tends to pick up a ton of metal specks from the road that end up rusting. It shows easily on the light colors. It is a pain to rub or clay bar them out every time you wash the jeep. With darker colors they aren't as noticeable.
I hear ya.. The issue with the clear coat doesn't sound too great. I wonder if a good strong wax or ceramic coating would fix that?

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
I assume you've seen Mojito in person? When I first looked into JLs I thought Mojito was ass ugly. That was only on the internet though. In person is completely different IMO. I'm very grateful my local dealer had a Mojito on the lot for me to appreciate the color and order it. I don't think pictures do Mojito justice.

Gecko does look great too though.

RLC2020

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU
Well, if your daughter's opinion is driving crazy wait until you hear all of ours! Chasing down Mojito will drive you crazy because all of them are now used and finding that unicorn will eat you alive, but it is the better color. It's in your face, but muted compared to Gecko. Definitely agree, all the grays, blacks and white jeeps are dull, but damn can they be pulled off to look great in a sea of boring colored cars...
If you think Mojito is hard to find, try looking for Bikini Pearl! I just ordered a Mojito JLU from carvana because we couldn't find a Bikini Pearl the way we wanted it anywhere near us. When it showed up, I absolutely loved the color, but my wife (who the Jeep is for) really wasn't in love with it. I ended up sending it back to Carvana and driving 6hrs round trip to tow back a Bikini Pearl JLU from the west coast of FL for her. Bikini is one of the hardest colors to find and we got lucky to get a 2019 with only 17k miles on it for a decent price.
Jeep Wrangler JL Gecko vs Mojito? 229592218_535144037735980_1638452300018455829_n

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I hear ya.. The issue with the clear coat doesn't sound too great. I wonder if a good strong wax or ceramic coating would fix that?
Ceramic coating probably would. I see some brands now offering a protective clear wrap over paint. Ford and Kia have it. Would be a nice option.

Carlton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps lots of jeeps
I assume you've seen Mojito in person? When I first looked into JLs I thought Mojito was ass ugly. That was only on the internet though. In person is completely different IMO. I'm very grateful my local dealer had a Mojito on the lot for me to appreciate the color and order it. I don't think pictures do Mojito justice.

Gecko does look great too though.
I have seen many of them. A neighbor actually has one as well. Just doesn't appeal to me. It seems to be a favorite amongst many however.
Sponsored