Sponsored

Gap Hider for cloth seats

Zoot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Now that they offer the cargo mat with a gap hider I have a couple questions for anyone that might know.

Anyone with leather seats- tell me, is the gap hider rigid enough to support the weight of a 100 pound dog without flexing?

Does anyone know if it is possible to order the gap hider without the cargo mat?

Frankly I was pissed that it didn’t come with cloth seats because when I ordered I asked the salesman if the cloth seats had it and he said yes and explained there was no difference between the leather and cloth seats in the rubi. I can live with the cup holders not in the seats, but the gap hider is a bigger deal.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Zoot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Also meant to ask if anyone has come up with a DIY gap hider/cover that works well for dogs?

drummerchick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLUR, Sting-Gray
Vehicle Showcase
You can order it separately, but it's a lot cheaper to order the cargo mat combination if you are getting the mats anyway.

Part number for mats w/gap hider is 82215656AB
Part number for gap hider alone is 6JX46TX7AC

Cyclone88

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2012 JK Sport, 2013 Mini Countryman
Vehicle Showcase
You can order it separately, but it's a lot cheaper to order the cargo mat combination if you are getting the mats anyway.

Thanks for this - didn't realize they'd released the bundle with the gap cover for non-leather interiors.

OP
OP

Zoot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

Thanks for the gap hider part number!

I was thinking about the cargo tray, but I don’t like the idea of cutting the carpet to put on the parts that go on the seat backs.

Sponsored

Cyclone88

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
For what it's worth, this was the cheapest price I found for the combo kit. So cheap that I thought maybe it wasn't going to come with everything. But it shipped within a day, included all parts expected, and installed in 20 minutes. Looks great! Still ridiculous that the cloth gap cover wasn't included with the Jeep...but that's what you get.

https://www.moparpartsdeals.com/oem-parts/mopar-mat-kit-cargo-82215656ab

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
For what it's worth, this was the cheapest price I found for the combo kit. So cheap that I thought maybe it wasn't going to come with everything. But it shipped within a day, included all parts expected, and installed in 20 minutes. Looks great! Still ridiculous that the cloth gap cover wasn't included with the Jeep...but that's what you get.

just tried ordering and they wanted $160 for shipping

Cyclone88

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
just tried ordering and they wanted $160 for shipping
Where on earth were you shipping to? My order total with shipping was still less than MSRP.
upload_2018-5-7_12-31-11.png

jhonn236_AZ

First Name
Jhonn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sting Gray Rubicon
what's the gap hider? can you take a pic?

KillaRubi

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon (on order)
Occupation
IT
It defaulted to 160$ for shipping for me too. Shipping to seattle. They must be flying the plane around the workd first....

Sponsored

KillaRubi

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon (on order)
Occupation
IT
Google the part number, then do a “shipping estimate”. Dropped to 30$ for shipping.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase

Just ordered one for my Jeep and my wife's Jeep. I also ordered a set of the slush mats from them. Shipping for all three items to the Denver area was about $30.

Sheepjeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
01 xj, 04 Silverado 2500hd
Where on earth were you shipping to? My order total with shipping was still less than MSRP.
upload_2018-5-7_12-31-11.png
Ship to Boston, ended up ordering from MoparOnlineParts.com was $10 more but shipping was only $17 and will be here tomorrow because they are out of ny

lithe1

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Firecracker Red
Just as an FYI. For cloth seats, if you want the same gap hider from the leather seats, you can order it with part number 6JX46TX7AC (as mentioned by drummerchick, above), but you also need to order the metal support bracket that the gap hider clips into. That part number is 68335706AB. (The metal support bracket is not included with cloth seats.)

You can see the metal support bracket in the Youtube video I posted previously at about the 3:26 mark.

Total for both of these parts comes out to about the same price as the full kit cargo mat, so some people may want to just go with the full kit cargo mat.
Sponsored