MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Obviously you’ve seen my pics of mine above. My doors have been off more times than I can keep track of. No gaps on mine. There is no ‘loose washer’ on my ‘19. There is a bulge at the bottom of the hinge on the piece attached to the door, but it is covered in paint and I can’t tell if it’s a washer or not. It certainly stays attached to the door when I pull it off.
My doors are hanging on the wall in my garage right now and I can snap a pic tomorrow if you’d like.

Once you’ve taken your door off and have taken a look, please post back if you actually have a loose washer there.

While you’re at it, install a foot peg and post back if your body side frame hinge attachment stays aligned ;)
Sponsored

Stetson

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon, 2014 Ford Raptor
Occupation
Project Manager
I have an 18 JL and I take the doors off all summer, hang them in the garage and install the tube doors. Come fall I swap them back. Never had a gap issue and unless i lost them immediately, never had any washers. No weird gaps either. I am not sure how you could have an issues with just taking the doors off.

Let us know what you find out, i am really curious now.

Stetson
Sponsored