Door Alignment Issue - Cause for some of the wind Noise

Novanotch

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Anyone else have door alingnment issues? This is my rear passenger side door closed. It has an obvious gap and there is definitely some wind noise coming from that door along with the wind noise up front. Going back to the dealer next week, but was wondering if anyone else received their Jeep with this issue.

20180601_101222.jpg

20180601_101219.jpg
Sponsored

Sftdyna0326$

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 LR4
Anyone else have door alingnment issues? This is my rear passenger side door closed. It has an obvious gap and there is definitely some wind noise coming from that door along with the wind noise up front. Going back to the dealer next week, but was wondering if anyone else received their Jeep with this issue.

20180601_101222.jpg

20180601_101219.jpg
I’m not sure I really see anything wrong.

Swanny297

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Take it off and put it back on see if that changes anything.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Novanotch

Novanotch

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Got a call from the dealer about my Jeep last night regarding this issue and it turns out all 4 doors where not aligned to manufacturing specifications. There was only 1 that really looked off to me, but apparently this significantly reduced the wind noise. I will be picking it up today and will update on if I see a significant inmprovement, but just wanted to let it be know for the people experiencing the excessive wind noise issues.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
Got a call from the dealer about my Jeep last night regarding this issue and it turns out all 4 doors where not aligned to manufacturing specifications. There was only 1 that really looked off to me, but apparently this significantly reduced the wind noise. I will be picking it up today and will update on if I see a significant inmprovement, but just wanted to let it be know for the people experiencing the excessive wind noise issues.
Hope it works out for you. Have to laugh at “not aligned to manufacturing specifications”. Who manufactured your Jeep? If the factory can’t get it right, well that’s just sad.

I guess these are KUKU employees assembling the bodies and not FCA. Darn subcontractors.

Check all the work done by your dealer. Inspect the hinge mounting points inside the door jambs to make sure they didn’t scuff up your paint and leave exposed metal that may rust.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Novanotch

Novanotch

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So i got it back and it is a bit better in regards to the wind noise, still the typical wind noise we are all encountering around the front windshield.

In regards to the alignment issue, the dealer said it is very common for Jeep Wranglers to be returned to the dealership for alignment issues and that Jeep is notorious for delivering them without checking the proper alignment when they are manufactured.

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
So i got it back and it is a bit better in regards to the wind noise, still the typical wind noise we are all encountering around the front windshield.

In regards to the alignment issue, the dealer said it is very common for Jeep Wranglers to be returned to the dealership for alignment issues and that Jeep is notorious for delivering them without checking the proper alignment when they are manufactured.
Maybe I would enjoy being a QC inspector for Jeep. Got four doors and four tires? Good to go.

Rick Deckard

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys
Got four doors and four tires? Good to go
4 doors, LOL! The bottom of my driver side door sticks out about an 1/8"(leaks air); the passenger door is recessed in about an 1/8". Now I understand why we have to slam the passenger door to close.
Sponsored