Bottom Hinges “Out of Alignment” on Front Doors

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler 2015 Renegade 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Senior Director of Engineering & Facilities
Sorry to bump an old thread but have any of you with the Jpeggz moved onto the kikbax design and had alignment issues at all?

or is it generally a good idea to stay away from these 1 piece mirror / foot peg solutions?
Glad I found this thread. Just tried to put my Driver door back on and same JPeggz mirror root cause and symptoms. These JPeggz are going to the trash. (Pissed)

Should have bought Carolina Metal Master (CMM) mirrors the first time, but went cheaper. Plan to replace these JPeggz with CMM.

Hope I don’t screw up my paint fixing this mess.

Thank you all for this forum and sharing knowledge.
Sponsored

TratzPatratz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sarge Green JLUR
Glad I found this thread. Just tried to put my Driver door back on and same JPeggz mirror root cause and symptoms. These JPeggz are going to the trash. (Pissed)

Should have bought Carolina Metal Master (CMM) mirrors the first time, but went cheaper. Plan to replace these JPeggz with CMM.

Hope I don’t screw up my paint fixing this mess.

Thank you all for this forum and sharing knowledge.
I'm glad I procrastinated. I kept telling myself when the US border opened i'd ship it some Niagara state side and make a nice Jeep day trip to pick it up an explore.

Thank you for sharing your experience. I'll be avoiding these.

i'm curious if the KikBax have the same issue as these Jpeggz

Timdog

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JT
Jpeggz are fine if you don’t over tighten them, soon as you crank them then your moving the hinges, just saying

RSK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Wrangler 2015 Renegade 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Senior Director of Engineering & Facilities
Jpeggz are fine if you don’t over tighten them, soon as you crank them then your moving the hinges, just saying
For me they moved around or had way to much play in them unless locked down, hence the snug fit or over tightening to get them to stay in place.

I loosened the two bolts and realigned per the instructions from the other forum members. All good now after little touch up paint.

Oh well... moving on.
Sponsored

Last edited: