Front collision not working keeps coming on

Oscar16

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Sahara
Has anyone had problems with front collision not working warning come on. I had it come on few times and then went to ACC not working and check engine light was on. Finally if says engine will shut down and stalls at a light. Take to dealer the fix it and front collision light still comes on. Take it back said there was an update it needed. Comes on the again next day and take it back now say can’t find anything wrong. Frustrating. I just don’t want the engine to stall again while I’m driving it. Just wonder if others had same issues. Thanks
Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
That’s one of the reasons I don’t want that stuff on my Jeep.

I read somewhere that things like a dirty forward sensor, or a low battery, will disable the forward collision feature.

What do you mean by “stalls at a light”? Is the engine dying and not coming back on when you release the brake? —i.e., is it not the ESS

OP
OP

Oscar16

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That’s one of the reasons I don’t want that stuff on my Jeep.

I read somewhere that things like a dirty forward sensor, or a low battery, will disable the forward collision feature.

What do you mean by “stalls at a light”? Is the engine dying and not coming back on when you release the brake? —i.e., is it not the ESS
Says engine will stall soon. Then totally shuts off. Glad I was at a light at that moment was on a road that’s 55 MPH. They have change map sensor twice. Obviously wasn’t probably.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Sounds a lot like a problem others on here have posted about.

From what I recall, diagnoses included a bad auxiliary battery, a bad charging system, and a bad auxiliary battery wiring harness.

Your dealer sounds like a tool. Talk to the Service Manager. If that doesn’t work and if you can, try your luck somewhere else.

Good luck.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Aldo is correct. Seems like most of the problems like you're describing are associated with a bad battery or charging system.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Oscar16

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks. Both times they change out map sensor I have to return 3 weeks later. Last year did some wiring stuff to get me few months without problems. Now trying same fix as last time. Well didn’t work once how will it now. Annoying stuff. I already had a 2018 buyback cause so many problems. I been driving nothing but Wranglers since 2000 that is about to change soon if don’t figure this out. Ugh

OP
OP

Oscar16

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When to dealer this morning and got Jeep back after was told couldn’t find anything wrong. Was told that there was a bulletin in corporate website about this being a problem should have a fix first of year. I sure as hell hope so with Jeep engines shutting off on highway. Will update

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Oscar:

Sorry, but that sounds like the dealer is yanking your chain. Chances are they are too busy and, since they can’t figure out how to fix your Jeep, they are putting you off.

If it is true that FCA has identified this as a problem, the safety implications of losing all power while driving are too great to put off.

If I were in your shoes, I’d try the following:
  1. If you haven’t already, speak with the Service Manager. Explain your concerns, especially with regards to the safety risk of driving a vehicle that likes to lose power unexpectedly. Make sure he hears you say the words “safety” or “safety concern” at least once. That should trigger them to action.
  2. If that doesn’t get you anywhere, try either involving @JeepCares or going to another dealership.
Personally, I wouldn’t be driving around in a Jeep that risks leaving you stranded. Let alone keep driving it for God-knows-what-reason until next year.

Good luck.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
BTW, have they been able to replicate the warning that the Jeep is about to lose all power?

If they haven’t, make sure to capture it on your phone to show it to them.

But again, be careful; I wouldn't be driving around in a vehicle in that condition.
Sponsored