subiescott77

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Hey all...

So earlier today I tossed the driver side freedom panel onto the grass as I was trying to fit them into the carrier. I didn't see how close a sidewalk was and the corner of said panel took some damage. It's very minor and some small pieces flaked off. Just to be safe, I grabbed some part a/b epoxy and reshaped the corner, along with adding some epoxy behind the chipped area as support. I'll probably touch it up with a matching paint to finish the repair off. Looking at the one photo of the roof, the back right corner of the panel is where the damage is at. When latching down that corner, it sucks the corner down onto a seal. I'm just curious how water tight that region would have been had I not made any type of repair. Anyone else with a new JL have similar experiences gumming up their panel corners/etc??

IMG_20180525_095126.jpg

IMG_20180525_082035.jpg
Sponsored

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
No pictures but I dropped my panels and one of the drip rails bent up on the end about 15 degrees. I bent it back into shape, ground away the flaky fiberglass, filled it with bondo and repainted the entire drip rail with trim spray paint. You can’t tell it was ever busted.

OP
OP

subiescott77

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
So , how does it work now ? Looks more than adequate . Have you re-installed it ? I used silicone windshield sealant to leak-proof my panels . No leaks .
It works pretty well actually. The epoxy hardened late last night and I repainted it with a high temperature flat black Rust-Oleum spray paint. The paint actually matches color and finish damn near perfectly. Checked the corner this morning and no issues, so we'll see how it goes in the long run. The corner is hardly noticeable unless you look on the underside and see the extra material I added in.

Edit: what did you do to leak proof again? Did you have damage or just being proactive?
Sponsored