Freedom Top Panel Weights

Bowman19

First Name
S
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sahara
Anyone else have/notice a considerable weight difference between the driver side and passenger side panel? Haven't weighed them but just by feel the passenger seems much heavier. Consistent? Bad build on mine?

Thanks
Sponsored

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
Anyone else have/notice a considerable weight difference between the driver side and passenger side panel? Haven't weighed them but just by feel the passenger seems much heavier. Consistent? Bad build on mine?

Thanks
Mine are about even. I can’t say I would notice a difference

W5MQS

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Wrangler Rubicon JLU; 2020 Mercedes GLB 250; 2013 Red Ford F-150 4x4
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Interventional Cardiology
I think mine are about the same too...but it was a full moon this past week so the gravitational pull on them may have made them feel a tad lighter. :giggle:

All kidding aside...I really can't tell a difference.

Poods35

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Willys; 2005 Crossfire Roadster
The seal for where the panels meet in the middle is on the passenger side panel. I’ve noticed the passenger side is a little heavier and assume that is the reason.

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
If there is a difference, I can't say that I have noticed it. Do you notice it putting them on and taking them off both? Maybe one side is just catching on the seal as you take them off.

Sponsored

seguerski

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Sport S 3.6L Sting Gray, 2014 Jeep MK Compass Latitude 2.4L
Passenger side should have some more heft to it as it covers more area than the driver side does. can't image a whole lot of difference, but then again, i haven't put each on a scale...

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I had noticed what seemed like a considerable difference in weight between the two panels so I grabbed the handy-dandy fish scale. The driver’s side was 5.2 lbs and the passenger side was a hefty 6 lbs!!!

It must be the way I’m lifting them out...cause they are close to the same weight.

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
Bumping an old thread..... seems like I can’t find this info elsewhere...

I just took both freedom tops off and stuck them in the bag. Hopped on the bathroom scale with and without them. Net weight ~ 37 pounds for both freedom tops and bag.

I just added a Bestop Sunrider so, it looks like my Jeep just lost a couple of pounds (net).
Sponsored