Sponsored

Forward facing camera issue

richwme90

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys 3.6, 6 Speed Manual. 2006 BMW 330i 6 Speed Manual with 258k Miles.
So I initially installed this camera from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08VVV4T3V/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and it worked great, but I didn't like the way it stuck out of the grill. I used the following pins yellow 21, black 22 to hook it into my 8.4 radio and used JScan to enable the cargo camera. After a couple months I ordered the Z Automotive Front Camera Kit and added the included RCA input to the following pins Yellow into pin 24 Black into 25 since I already had the previous RCA installed on the required pins. I used JScan to enable it but this time using the DTV Front Camera setting to enable it. So now I have two front camera's one in the grill and one under the bumper but what ever camera I have hooked to pins 24 and 25 only work when the Jeep is not moving. After I start driving I get an error of Video not available in motion and if I am already driving the Camera Icon is grayed out. So is there away to enable Video in motion on AUX-1 video input? My intension is to move the Amazon camera under the Jeep so I can see if I am going to clear an obstacle, I just haven't found a good mounting point and made a suitable bracket. Here are some picture's for attention.
Jeep Wrangler JL Forward facing camera issue IMG_4714.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Forward facing camera issue 8.4 Radio pinout for video in.JPG
Jeep Wrangler JL Forward facing camera issue IMG_0510.PNG
Sponsored

OP
OP
richwme90

richwme90

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys 3.6, 6 Speed Manual. 2006 BMW 330i 6 Speed Manual with 258k Miles.
Here is what the Amazon camera looked like installed in the grill. It didn't look that bad it just stuck out more than I liked.
Jeep Wrangler JL Forward facing camera issue Amazon Camera.JPG