Sponsored

Forgetting to push off

richardya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Edge 2011
Vehicle Showcase
Is there any mechanism whereby the Jeep will shut itself off. Say if it’s been in Park for two hours without the FOB nearby?

I realize if it was a key start and the driver left the key in, it would run until it ran out of gas but computers so...

Push to start is great, I love it, but I’m not used to it yet and I’m always wondering if I forgot to push off.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
In fact, it could be driven away without the fob and nothing would happen until you shut it off. It would need the fob to restart. Someone could steal it, without the fob, and drive it for years as long as they left it running and with plenty of fuel.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
Had this happen on a test drive.
Took off in it. Didn't even notice the warning lights on the dash "NO FOB!". Pulled into a vacant lot to look it over, got out looked it over. Luckily it didn't shut off. Got back in it noticed the warning on the dash. Salesman apologized.

Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
What if the Fob was out, you were driving, and the ESS shut the engine down, at a stoplight. Would it restart??

JustinWPI11

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
I drove my wife into work one day. She had her fob in her purse and I didn’t realize I didn’t have mine with me. When she got out I drove off and the “Key fob not in vehicle” message came on a few minutes later. I was able to drive the rest of the way home no problem. But if I had stopped anywhere and turned the truck off I’d have been stuck.

JustinWPI11

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
My start stop did go off and I thought it might not start back up but it did. This was in my Gladiator.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
i just get in a habit of known where the fob is at all time. i have a pattern / sequence that i do when i'm parked and ready to exit the jeep right down to physically seeing the fob in my hand before locking the lock and closing the door.

Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
A place for everything, and everything in its place.

The window in the Gibson fob holder helps to feel the buttons through my pants without pulling the fob out.

where I go, the fob goes
Jeep Wrangler JL Forgetting to push off 1600739870213
Jeep Wrangler JL Forgetting to push off 1600739751558

intentsrig

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sporticon
Iv pulled into a spot and stalled the Jeep because I didn’t press off. Loud music and being in a hurry I suppose. Luckily I always put it in gear so it’ll stall before it runs all day.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Is there any mechanism whereby the Jeep will shut itself off. Say if it’s been in Park for two hours without the FOB nearby?

I realize if it was a key start and the driver left the key in, it would run until it ran out of gas but computers so...

Push to start is great, I love it, but I’m not used to it yet and I’m always wondering if I forgot to push off.
If there’s a CEL warning, the engine will start remotely but it will shut itself right off. Similarly, if the tank is low in fuel, it will start remotely and shut itself right off.

So far those are the only two instances I’ve encountered.
Sponsored