For Antenna Windshield Folks

BillG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR / 15 Harley Tri glide / 50 Dodge Rat pickup
What’s the antenna for? I see you have the am/fm mast, and I know satellite is above the sport bar.

OP
OP
jmill012

jmill012

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 392XR, 22 Model 3 Performance, 22 Wagoneer
What’s the antenna for? I see you have the am/fm mast, and I know satellite is above the sport bar.
The million dollar question lol

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@jmill012

Why would you even let them install that windshield on your JLU. Makes little sense to me that you went along with that and did not push for the correct windshield.

OP
OP
jmill012

jmill012

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@jmill012

Why would you even let them install that windshield on your JLU. Makes little sense to me that you went along with that and did not push for the correct windshield.
Because it’s a windshield and it is the factory correct glass for a 2018 JLU. It just happens to have an antenna in the glass. It doesn’t affect anything. My guess is, it is an FM antenna that they either will be utilizing in future or thought they would. Either way I really didn’t care since it is simply a windshield that will crack again at some point lol

Also non antenna glass is on back order until November. Given I had a crack across the site line. I didn’t have much of a choice.

Sponsored

Wrangles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6 6sp Billet
Huh? Doesn’t look like factory glass. What’s on the glass in terms of writing?

OP
OP
jmill012

jmill012

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Because it’s a windshield and it is the factory correct glass for a 2018 JLU. It just happens to have an antenna in the glass. It doesn’t affect anything. My guess is, it is an FM antenna that they either will be utilizing in future or thought they would. Either way I really didn’t care since it is simply a windshield that will crack again at some point lol
Huh? Doesn’t look like factory glass. What’s on the glass in terms of writing?
It’s factory. Has Mopar in bottom left corner, has a valid part number and says acoustic. Also has the Willy’s Jeep in the bottom right. If you call your dealer they can validate it’s legit factory glass. Why they are making it, no one knows. To be honest you can barely notice it (especially after my fix lol)

Lastly if it is indeed an FM antenna I may try to utilize it and drop the regular antenna on the quarter.

1F19082E-0C85-41A8-8777-5A2B1DE1FBCA.jpeg

Wrangles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 3.6 6sp Billet
It’s factory. Has Mopar in bottom left corner, has a valid part number and says acoustic. Also has the Willy’s Jeep in the bottom right. If you call your dealer they can validate it’s legit factory glass. Why they are making it, no one knows. To be honest you can barely notice it (especially after my fix lol)

Lastly if it is indeed an FM antenna I may try to utilize it and drop the regular antenna on the quarter.

1F19082E-0C85-41A8-8777-5A2B1DE1FBCA.jpeg
Cool, weird though. Thanks for the pics.