Foot peg frame flex

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
Bought this foot pegs on amazon for under $20 and they look great, how ever where it touched the body I can see it flex a bit when you put pressure on them.

I did put a bunch of soft adhesive around the point of contact to prevent paint damage but that has no impact on this.

Is this normal?

If this is in fact normal, this is a great buy for the price. Main complaint people have is they are at a 90 degree angle so they say it’s uncomfortable to reach. I’m 5’6 and with some slight adjustment to my seat I can reach them without issues, at first it was a little weird but adjusted quickly.

CA386A23-E9CD-4386-BBCC-BA7706B10D9F.png

image.jpg
Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Bought this foot pegs on amazon for under $20 and they look great, how ever where it touched the body I can see it flex a bit when you put pressure on them.

I did put a bunch of soft adhesive around the point of contact to prevent paint damage but that has no impact on this.

Is this normal?

If this is in fact normal, this is a great buy for the price. Main complaint people have is they are at a 90 degree angle so they say it’s uncomfortable to reach. I’m 5’6 and with some slight adjustment to my seat I can reach them without issues, at first it was a little weird but adjusted quickly.
My chick gave me similar pegs, but they're at a 45-degree angle and there's no flex. I keep them tight enough where there's no concern about them moving or touching the paint. The 90-degree pegs just look uncomfortable. If you're not partial to the Jeep grille look, the rounded pegs would be better.

OP
OP

trailchaser

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Moab
My chick gave me similar pegs, but they're at a 45-degree angle and there's no flex. I keep them tight enough where there's no concern about them moving or touching the paint. The 90-degree pegs just look uncomfortable. If you're not partial to the Jeep grille look, the rounded pegs would be better.
Thanks, link?

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing